Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Gear S3 Heart Rate Tracking Inaccurate During Exercise

(Topic created on: 03/10/17 18:33)
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Hi,

Is anyone else having any issues with their heart rate tracking during exercise?

Mine is reading way to low most of the time (compared with a chest strap monitor linked to a Garmin watch) during exercise when using the cycling track.

Doing a one off check when not using the workout bit it seems to read fine.

Cheers,

Chris

6 REPLIES 6
Observer
Options
Wearables

Mine seems to be off too, It was not until the other day after I did the update on the phone. I don't really know what is going on. Mine is high I was doing a medium walk and it says my heart rate was at 185.

0 Likes
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Selected measure on my s3 frontier and it reads 88 bpm when hanging in the air ie dangling it by strap 

0 Likes
Options
Wearables

Mine Gear S 3 can show 170bpm continuously when I am sitting at my desk. When I measure with my Galaxy S9+ I have at most 80bpm. I have never had such ridiculous inconsistency with my Fitbit. Thinking to return Gear S3.

0 Likes
Options
Wearables
This was posted last year. Seems like Samsung doesnt give a ***** about their customers lol. new note8 wouldnt mirror on 7 series smart TV, Phone keeps opening random apps upon unlocking and my Gear S3 would show 88 bpm while my phone and elyptical Machine is right now showing 170 bpm. i was stupid enough to buy Samsung washing Machine, Microwave, Air conditioner, Mobile, TV and Watch! 4000USD down the drain. Thank you Samsung :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Options
Wearables
Mine just doesn't work when i need it to. I received the error message saying the sensor needs cleaning. Even when ive just cleaned it. Very annoying
0 Likes
Options
Wearables

I have this same issue right now. I too am a massive Samsung brand owner however the more products I buy the worse i find the issues. My watch is a FINE example of how inaccurate it is and then I buy a "compatible" Chest heart rate strap only to find out it only records the heart rate it doenst sync with my Samsung Health. I was about to buy the new Samsung Note10+ next week but I think ill just wait for the Google Pixel 4xl now. Reading all these issues with the Samsung watches and no urgency to fix them is sad. 

Samsung watch = Good for sitting at a desk, Not workouts

0 Likes