Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear S3 battery drain after last update, resetting doesn't help

(Topic created on: 11-01-2023 10:19 AM)
matelko64
First Poster
Options

I tried everything in this post and nothing worked, I reset the watch, I uninstalled the barometer app and none of it helped. I will note that the battery life never got better, it was equally terrible the whole time (even after the supposed 7 day sleep period).

If there is anything I'm missing, please tell me. Otherwise I'd like to know if there's a way to downgrade the os to the last version where I had no issues.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @matelko64 ,

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Gear S3 battery. Would you be able to let the battery drop under 50% from a full charge and send us a screenshot of the battery usage? This is available from the Samsung Wearable app> Settings > About Watch > Battery. 

0 Likes
matelko64
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply.

Here's the usage:

Screenshot_20230117-124713.png

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, @matelko64. Watch faces seem to be consuming more battery life than I would expect. Are you using a static watch face or a moving one?

In the meantime, I'd recommend consulting the guide below, written by our colleagues from Samsung US:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003232/

Please let me know how it goes.

0 Likes
matelko64
First Poster
Options

From the list you gave me I already tried everything and nothing really helped.
I'm using the Gear Dashboard watch face:

matelko64_1-1673980885188.png

One weird thing I noticed about Watch Faces is that I used to have a watch face called Samsung Gold installed on my watch, but it disappeared after I reset it. Don't know if that helps in any way.

I don't know if Watch Faces contain the display's power consumption but if it does then another thing is that when I was replacing the battery (no, it's not in the battery, the old one is even worse) in my watch I probably somehow damaged the display because it has a streak of brighter pixels going down the middle of it. Don't know if something like that could increase power consumption but I'm just telling you everything I noticed.

0 Likes
matelko64
First Poster
Options

Okay, I did a reset while not backing up and restoring Watch Faces. I'll update you in a week if it worked or not

0 Likes
matelko64
First Poster
Options

So, it's been a bit more than a week but still it didn't help. Battery lasts pretty much the same amount of time.

I however found something really interesting.

Screenshot_20230209-174034.png

Screenshot_20230209-174708.png

Just a 1% drop totally changed the statistics (the screenshots are like within a few minutes from each other).

I'm totally lost, can someone please help me?

0 Likes
matelko64
First Poster
Options

Please I'm desperate 😩

0 Likes
Members_cFRoE1x
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with my Samsung Active Fit 2, which I got exactly 2 years ago today for my birthday.  There is huge battery drain, I've switched off all the bits and bobs and I was planning to get a new battery to see if that sorted the problem.  I suspect Samsung just want us to throw away our devices and buy new ones.....shopping around now for a new smartwatch.  And it might not be a Samsung!

0 Likes