Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear Icon X buds 2018 - no app for them

(Topic created on: 21-11-2023 09:36 PM)
Hsak
Explorer
Options
I have a problem with Icon X buds. The galaxy wearable app does not install the Icon X buds software anylonger (use to be visible few months back). I use to enjoy changing and adding music to the buds via this route. But it looks like they have abandoned supporting this? Which I can not believe, as the wearable gear app still picked my old original galaxy watch app. Anyone know of way to get Icon X buds home screen as advertised? Your help would be most appreciated. No joy with Samsung tech support who provide me with ref number but could not resolve the issue despite taking over my phone remotely to try various techniques.
5 REPLIES 5
kitty1630
First Poster
Options

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I just upgraded phones to S24 Ultra and the Wear app I is not able to find my IconX earbuds when I try to scan for it. my older phone (Note 9) brings up the iconx earbuds still without issue but not sure how to get my S24 Ultra Wear app to detect these earbuds. I like being able to add music onto the earbuds directly, but not sure how to do this now. Any resolution you found would be helpful.

Hsak
Explorer
Options
I cannot get the original Icon X app that allows you to see and add music to the buds, but I can connect them to the S24 Ultra as just Bluetooth ear buds. The latest UI does not support the Icon X old buds from 2018.
DanishZ117
First Poster
Options

Same problem discovered today. Just upgraded to S24 ultra. Gear IconX Buds are not connecting. They were working with S22 Ultra just a month ago. so sad. Samsung's best earbuds IMO. They do work as external bluetooth audio still but no longer supported in the app.

0 Likes
sheecoop
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue, I've had iconx 2018 paired to my gear/wearable app for years, recently upgraded my phone from A71 to S24U but the app couldn't locate the iconx on the new phone.  As part of the troubleshooting I unpaired the buds from the A71 (didn't solve the issue) and now I can't re-pair them to the app on the A71 (for context, I returned the S24U because I didn't like the post-photo over processing and there's no way to disable it).  Disappointed if they're not supporting the iconx in the app anymore, hopefully they'll change that.

0 Likes
Hsak
Explorer
Options
I'm leaving samsung buds now partly due to this but also due to alternative manufacturers which are much cheaper. It's a shame - paid a lot for S24 Ultra but cannot now stay with samsung economy system. 😒
0 Likes