Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch6 not tracking deep sleep

(Topic created on: 04-08-2023 07:33 AM)
KatB_
Journeyman
Options

Hi there,

I've been using Galaxy Watch6 Classic 40mm for a few days now and I noticed that my watch is not tracking deep sleep. The watch tracks my sleep, shows when I've been awake, REM etc., but deep sleep stays at 0m. Also in the overall sleep score it shows that everything is fine.

I had Galaxy Watch3 before this one, had no issues. Since I have issues with my sleep it is important that it is tracked correctly.

Does anyone experience the same issue? Any tips?

UPDATE 12/10/2023:

As all of you I have been experiencing the same issue since the release of this watch. However, for the past 2 weeks the sleep tracking seems to be working.

I still have the latest update from August, so nothing has changed. The only thing that happened out of my normal use - my watch died due to an empty battery. Since then it has been tracking my sleep as it should. Don't get me wrong, my deep sleep fluctuates due to various factors, but now I feel like the watch reflects my sleep correctly. So some nights I have 35min of deep sleep, but most of the nights it still tracks about an hour on average.

I am attaching screenshots before 30.09 when it died and after. I did travel during this time and there was time difference but I highly doubt that had any effect. I didn't drop or hit my watch. It just died in the middle of the night while I was sleeping. And now it works (knock on wood).

Screenshot_20231012_105821_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_105853_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_110014_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_110031_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_110045_Samsung Health.jpg

Screenshot_20231012_110223_Samsung Health.jpg

53 REPLIES 53
SungSamOz
Apprentice
Options

I have had another night with Deep Sleep registering an hour, though wakefulness was also registered excessive compared to previous few nights. 

0 Likes
Robin S
Explorer
Options

My GW 5PRO and GC 6C were a bit closer in their assessment of my sleep this time, but still 6C registered 1 minute of deep sleep, while the 5PRO registered 14 minutes......

0 Likes
pratik01619
First Poster
Options

I have the Galaxy Watch 4 and facing the same issue, it records the sleep but 0m deep sleep. I guess it started after the last big update in Sep 2023.

0 Likes
SungSamOz
Apprentice
Options

So last 3 nights the Deep Sleep has been consistently high for the first time. 1 Hr, 37 Min , 50 min.  This is despite my reduced sleep pattern. 

0 Likes
ShahYussof
Journeyman
Options

And now, for the last few nights it's been recording only half my sleep (and still no deep sleep) despite the fact  that I am MANUALLY turning on sleep mode, and Sleep as Android is measuring all the sleep time too. I swapped the Fitbit Sense for the GW5 because the Sense wasn't measuring properly, and now the GW is just as bad.

0 Likes
Robin S
Explorer
Options

Got the same last night went to bed late at 3:00 and it only recorded sleep as of 6:00. My GW 5 PRO did record all time in bed.

I will give it a few more weeks and will get rid of the GW 6C if it does not improve

0 Likes
sarah331
Apprentice
Options

I've been using galaxy watch 6 since launch date and it's still not recording no sleep. I've cleaned the back & reset the device numerous times but nothing works.  Ife even done the maintenance checks and all come back fine. 

0 Likes
ShahYussof
Journeyman
Options

Installed Sleep Cycle - and I run both that and Sleep as Android. I also restarted my GW5. Now it seems to measure deep sleep, but only starts measuring sleep about 3 hours AFTER I actually get to sleep. It's really all over the place!

0 Likes
KatB_
Journeyman
Options

To everyone following this topic, I have shared an update about my watch 😊

0 Likes
KatB_
Journeyman
Options

I just updated my original post. Seems like my deep sleep tracking is working, however, I do notice since deep sleep is tracked correctly the awake time also increases. It seems that the watch is not able to tell correctly whether you are awake. It is possible that any movement while sleeping is registered as being awake and not having light sleep.

0 Likes