Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 09/04/20 17:23)
Seftonbarn
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

193 REPLIES 193
fly10
Observer
Options
Wearables

I have been having the same issue for a few months. It appears to cancel my cycle tracking usually within the first 10 minutes. Once it is OK for 30 minutes plus it seems to cope. I thought it might be stopping due to water so set it once to the water lock but it still stopped early so I have discounted this theory. Turning my S3 watch off and on sometimes help but not always.

0 Likes
djawb
First Poster
Options
Wearables

I just fixed this on my galaxy watch after weeks of frustration. The bad news - You need to reset it. Thew good news - you can just re-download your watch faces and apps again quite easily but more importantly, it doesn't stop during a workout anymore

0 Likes
djsat2
Explorer
Options
Wearables

That's what Samsung support will get you to do but it's not a fix it's a workaround. They need to fix the software so this doesn't happen in the first place.

0 Likes
MehdiZ
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Even after reset, I had the problem again (I have already reset 4 times the watch because of this).

Today, I had another problem, during the workout (cycling), I paused for some street workout and when resuming the cycling, the distance has remained frozen, but the time goes on. I realized that after several kilometers.

Unfortunately for us, this watch is a shame, sleep analyzing is wrong, I never finished a training and had a complete heart rate analysis. 

0 Likes