Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 02:24 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
c2lass
Journeyman
Options

I am having the same problem now with my Active 2. It was doing it when I first got it then I read to turn off the Auto Pause which I did and it was working fine. Now these last few weeks, I set it to Walking, it stars recording then suddently stops. This morning it gave my my first KM readings, then a few minutes later it alerts me to "workout detected".

It is really annoying it keeps doing this.

0 Likes
DavidB4
First Poster
Options

My watch 4 has started doing this also in the last week. I start walking and after 10 minutes it detects workout so I press start recording. In the past it would record until I manually stopped it. Now it only continues for another minute or two, then the app interface disappears from the screen, data such as heart rate and steps walked become "-" on the dial, then the readings reappear but the workout has stopped recording. If I continue walking it then repeats again after another 10 minutes. I have cleared the Health app cache on the linked S22+.  Watch is just 12 months old and has perforned correctly until now. I have done a reboot of the watch.

Close to throwing the watch away, too frustrating 😑 

Any further thoughts?

0 Likes
Jame9129
First Poster
Options

Same problem on my active 2, which used to record my tracks (walk or bike) for the past 4 years. 
Yesterday was the worst one as shown in the screen capture of Samsung health track.
I checked the following items, but didn't help:

• clean the back of watch to enhance contact with skin
  • remove wifi to my home box
  • checked if GPS tracking is ok

Nothing did it, and it seems problem is really random. I can stay without any problem for months, then it comes back.

I will try the trick "Screen always On" in the samsung health widget on watch, and come back to report.
Thanks to all people here for help.
Jame9129

Example of yesterday one hour walk, when it lasted less than 10 seconds and i needed to restart it.

Boooooring!!!

Screenshot_20230901_191316_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes
DragonPie
First Poster
Options

It's just ***** that it's three years later and they've chosen not to fix this problem.   I guess I'll do all of the watch reset bull****, but how is this still happening today when this was pointed out so long ago. 

Jame9129
First Poster
Options

After reading the various tip & tricks in this stream,  I tried to set the "SCREEN ALWAYS ON" parameter to ON, and it seemed to have solved the problem on my past week activities: Bicycle, Walk  or Trail.

I will add more if it changes?

Regards to all
Jame 

0 Likes
DavidB4
First Poster
Options

Mine had the issue for about 3 weeks, then with out a reason it came good and performs correctly. Go figure!

0 Likes
Members_FwDbdSH
Apprentice
Options

Moving from the Apple Watch and having zero issues to having the recents apps button demand the password randomly and workouts ending mid workout makes using this watch a painful experience. I tried restoring it but the issue persists. I'm not sure what to do as now I'm anxiously checking my watch throughout my workout to see if I can catch it ending the workout instead of actually just enjoying my walks. Ahhhhh!

0 Likes
DavidB4
First Poster
Options

Which model of Galaxy watch do you have? 4, 5, or other?

The problems I had a while back were with a 4 and they were resolved presumably via a software update about 4 moths ago. Since then the software has been auto updated again and the exercise monitoring acts differently from before, but also faultlessly. These comments are for Watch 4.

0 Likes
Members_FwDbdSH
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 40mm LTE 😕

0 Likes
DavidB4
First Poster
Options

Apart from the usual advice to restart the watch I would make sure it is up to date with software and set to update software automatically. Apart from that contact Samsung to let them know there is an issue, they may not be aware of it (unlikely though).

0 Likes