Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Stops Recording work out part way through

(Topic created on: 14-08-2021 02:10 PM)
Seftonbarn
Journeyman
Options

So this is really annoying now.  For months the watch has been fine but a couple of weeks ago now I got half way through a run and the watch stopped recording.  I use the watches work out app, select running (basic work out) and press start.  It records for about 10 minutes and then stops.   So a couple of days ago I set the screen to stary on during the run and it was fine for one run.  I ran again today and again it stoped after about 2km; no record of the run at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

231 REPLIES 231
mcs2
Student
Options

Hello, the same autopause happens with my S Health for a few months.

The difference is, that I do not have a smartwatch, I put my Huawei P20 pro into a running belt and go, so the problem is not with the watch, but with the app itself.

First I thought it was the music and the BT headset caused the error for some reason. I run without music for some months, and it happens again and again.

I swithced off phone face unlock, energy savings for Shealth, all autopause and the workout pause still happens.

I was suspicious about the sweat reaches the phone, but in a nylon sleeve or in a backpack it pauses also.

I tried Delete and reinstall the app, still nothing.

The pause time is very random, sometimes at the 1st km, today at the 19th, I didn't find any rules for it.

0 Likes
Rarara
First Poster
Options
This has been happening loads to me too for the past month. Mostly workout stops after a couple of seconds. It cuts out after 10 or so minutes if the work is auto detected. The watch has become unreliable for recording my workouts. When is Samsung going to fix the issue?
0 Likes
Members_Q5RdVtH
First Poster
Options

Is this solved already because for me it looks like it is not. Very annoying issue especially when you buy smartwatch for monitoring fit activities which is not working. I was thinking to buy Galaxy watch 4 but looking at Samsung's ignorance I have to reconsider my choice.

0 Likes
Lestat_
First Poster
Options

I've just started getting this problem too I use the watch for Indoor swimming was working ok now it stops recording my swims at random times .. works perfectly for Hikes and OutDoor swim (I use the recorded data for kayaking works great) .. so for the moment it's just Indoor swim that does work right. Any ideas on a fix or is it a work in progress?

0 Likes
Attapol
First Poster
Options

I had this issue during running and biking and I turned off auto workout detection and it was working fine. Today it happened again. It seemed I reached my step count target and it caused app to clash so now I adjusted my step count target to be much higher and see if it will happen again

mcs2
Student
Options

Hi

Nothing will happens, the problem is with the app itself,  not with the watch,  i don't have a watch and had the same problems with running.

I solved it with copy my data to SportsTracker app with Syncmytrack and deleted Shealth.

This won't work with Samsung watches i think.

MitchelV
First Poster
Options

I have been having the same issues lately, I checked and the last update was on 11/06/2021 Version R820XXU1DUE3/R820OXA1DUE3.

Can Samsung please look into this? Very anoying and I am considering changing watches because of it...

0 Likes
SandraLG118
First Poster
Options

My tracker stopped recording all my steps about a month ago. Initially, I would reset my phone and it would record correctly, now that doesn't work. Today I walked around my basement for about 3 minutes and the step count didn't change. Also, my phone has been downloading an English language update since the 22nd, what is going on?!

0 Likes
Emwilli
First Poster
Options

Same issue. I Hit the run workout and for about 7-10 minutes it stops. It also does not record my run. It happened 5 times today amd did not record any of the activity. I have the latest updates on both Samsung health and Galaxy watch 4. Using ge a not 20 ultra  that I do not take withe on my runs. 

0 Likes
Emwilli
First Poster
Options

Are you using another app while working out? I started having the issue when listening to Spotify from my watch.  My watch shut that down once along with my workout. I turned the workout back on and left Spotify off and didn't have any other problems. 

0 Likes