Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch stopped tracking sleep

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 12:08 AM)
caveto
Explorer
Options

Hi, I've had my Galaxy Watch (46mm) for 18 months and it was working fine, tracking everything (sleep. steps, floors, hear rate, etc.) until about 3 months ago when it stopped tracking my sleep.  The app on the watch, when I go to "Sleep" it says "No data" and it shows "--" on the Resting HR on the Hear Rate screen.

I read a number of articles on internet and couldn't find any solution.  I already did a factory reset of the watch and it didn't work.

I have the latest versions of firmware and software (Samsung Health) both on my watch and my phone (a Galaxy S10+).

Also, my wife has a Galaxy Watch Active and when I use that smartwatch it tracks sleep perfectly.  So it seems to be something with the Galaxy Watch mine.

Would it helpful if I send a dump log of the system?

I'd really like if you guys can shed some light on this as I'm frustrated with this lost of functionality of my watch.

Thanks in advance.

Javier.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
caveto
Explorer
Options

All of the sudden, on October 15th mine started to work again.  I didn't do anything different those days just kept using it hoping it was going back to work properly and now I have sleep tracking back.

Very poor product quality and worse tech support.  Boomer...

View solution in context

36 REPLIES 36
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
my galaxy watch active started doing that were it wouldn't track my sleep went online tried to find a solution the only thing that seemed to work for me was to reset my watch now its tracking my sleep etc the way its supposed to
caveto
Explorer
Options

Thanks @Rob1985.  I did the factory reset but still not tracking my sleep.

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-watch-42mm-not-recording-sleep/td-p/1509315
heres a link to people talking about the issue your having there is a couple of suggestions in that u could read and try
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I would also try typing into Google galaxy watch stopped tracking sleep there is alot of posts about it u might be able to find a solution.
I factory reset my galaxy active watch and it seemed to fix it for me
caveto
Explorer
Options

I will reset it again today and see if it works.  Thanks!

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
no problem hopefully that sorts your issue
0 Likes
caveto
Explorer
Options

Just to give an update.  I tried the reset and it didn't work unfortunately... also tried some of the solutions found on internet and it didn't work either.  Will keep looking for a solution or waiting for Samsung to fix it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
I think the sensor must be broken on it then taking it to a Samsung experience store for them to have a look or im sure u can get them to come to u now
caveto
Explorer
Options

I thought the same but what's weird is that the HR sensor works perfect during the day when I check my heart rate or when I exercise.  That is measured precisely.  The only problem is when sleeping though.  It looks like it doesn't detect it.

0 Likes