Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch stopped tracking sleep

(Topic created on: 06-10-2020 12:08 AM)
caveto
Explorer
Options

Hi, I've had my Galaxy Watch (46mm) for 18 months and it was working fine, tracking everything (sleep. steps, floors, hear rate, etc.) until about 3 months ago when it stopped tracking my sleep.  The app on the watch, when I go to "Sleep" it says "No data" and it shows "--" on the Resting HR on the Hear Rate screen.

I read a number of articles on internet and couldn't find any solution.  I already did a factory reset of the watch and it didn't work.

I have the latest versions of firmware and software (Samsung Health) both on my watch and my phone (a Galaxy S10+).

Also, my wife has a Galaxy Watch Active and when I use that smartwatch it tracks sleep perfectly.  So it seems to be something with the Galaxy Watch mine.

Would it helpful if I send a dump log of the system?

I'd really like if you guys can shed some light on this as I'm frustrated with this lost of functionality of my watch.

Thanks in advance.

Javier.

Go to solution
36 REPLIES 36
qalaxyW3
Student
Options

mine is saying I am sleeping while watching a movie or reading and then does not track the rest of the night.  I had a fitbit that worked better than this.

Solution
caveto
Explorer
Options

All of the sudden, on October 15th mine started to work again.  I didn't do anything different those days just kept using it hoping it was going back to work properly and now I have sleep tracking back.

Very poor product quality and worse tech support.  Boomer...

Nicholas101
First Poster
Options
mine just didn't track my sleep 2 nights in a row, im hoping that it will track tonight.
BoutTime
Apprentice
Options

On my GW 46mm sleep tracking shows no detail for the last two days. Sleep duration is there but no breakdown. Was working fine before other than the innacurate recording of deep sleep. I've just reconnected the phone from watch settings which has reset the watch. I then restored settings from a backup in the Wear App. Will see how it goes tonight. Not impressed.

caveto
Explorer
Options

Good luck with that.  Mine, on December 1st stopped tracking sleep again.  It did it between Oct, 15th and Dec, 1st.

Honestly, this is a crappy, and very expensive, watch.  I regret so much having spent so much money!!!

BoutTime
Apprentice
Options

It's not the watch. Woke up this morning and the watch shows sleep data from last night. Samsung Health on the phone only shows duration. I deleted app data and reinstalled Samsung Health on the phone without logging into my Samsung Account. It then correctly pulled in sleep data from watch.

I then logged in to my Account within the Samsung Health app on the phone and it synced. Once finished the last three days show no sleep data breakdown other than duration. The app also shows no weekly summary for the past couple of weeks. So it looks like an issue with the Samsung Health account sync rather than the watch itself.

0 Likes
caveto
Explorer
Options

Good to know you got a workaround @BoutTime .  In my case the watch doesn't show any information at all.

Regards.

O_o
First Poster
Options

I don't know if it's just a coincidence but worked for me. After it didn't record my sleep for several days i recorded it manually once. It only allows you to set the time when you went to bed and woke up. But after i did it once, all of a sudden it started to record my sleep as normal. I did it in the middle of the night when woke up to have some water and watch picked up the second half of the night, so effect was quite immediate. 

0 Likes
caveto
Explorer
Options

Good tip.  I will try that tonight.  This is something I never did.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks.

0 Likes
BoutTime
Apprentice
Options

Mines working fine now.

0 Likes