Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Outdoor Mode

(Topic created on: 30-09-2018 07:36 PM)
m4tthall
Explorer
Options

Hi  

I have been trying to change the brightness of my Galaxy Watch but it says the Outdoor Mode is on and I can't. I don't seem to be able to find Outdoor Mode to turn off? I tried holding the home button like I saw for a post on previous watches but there is no option in there? Sorry, might be my stupid but can't find it anywhere and no reference to it in the manual  

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
CarlH
Options

Hi @m4tthall. Can you post a picture of this here? I've just taken a look at the Galaxy Watch and couldn't see Outdoor Mode available on it.

0 Likes
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options

I think the outdoor mode on turns on automatically when the watch detect that we're outside in the sunlight etc. Had that before on the Frontier but don't have any problems on Watch now. You can't find it in the options.

On the frontier the solutions was to cover the watch by hand so the light sensor is covered and the watch switch to indoor mode.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Kondek85
Pathfinder
Options

I just checked that and Outdoor Mode works independently from Auto Brightness. When the Watch detects that we're outdoor it locks the manual brightness adjustment and sets it for 10. 

I checked that with Auto Brightness mode ON and OFF, gives same result. Maybe it should let the user to change it if Auto is off so maybe this is a bug, I don't know because for me it wasn't an issue.20181001_121100.jpg

m4tthall
Explorer
Options

When I originally checked I was inside at night, so if it is automatically detecting outside it isn't working. I have tried with both auto low brightness on and off. There is no difference. I can only assume this is a bug then? 

m4tthall
Explorer
Options

Just tried in the pitch black, same

0 Likes
UrsV
First Poster
Options

You can easily simulate it. Activate the torch on your smartphone and hold it over the galaxy watch while having the quicksettings pulled down and having brightness set on it.

The brightness will go to 10 and the brightness option will be disabled (it's grayed out).

Take the extremely bright light source away from the galaxy watch display and it will revert to normal...

0 Likes
m4tthall
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the reply but no matter what I did it was not changing. However, the last update to the watch (last week) caused this to suddenly work, so I guess problem resolved.

0 Likes
LarryG808
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem - watch went into outdoor mode automatically when outdoors, but then got "stuck" in outdoor mode and there seemed nothing I could do to turn it off or adjust brightness.  After finding nothing useful in web research, I called Samsung customer support and learned two things:  1) they're easy to reach, not a long hold time, and pretty helpful; and 2) if you press and hold the 'Home' button 5-6 seconds it caused my watch to reboot (it said 'rebooting' on the screen), after which outdoor mode was off, and the watch's process of automatically switching into and out of outdoor mode when I went outdoors and back indoors worked correctly.