Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch OneUI keeps counting steps while i'm asleep

(Topic created on: 07-09-2020 05:46 PM)
Sinister_Chill
First Poster
Options

Hi there, i have my Galaxy Watch for couple of months for now and after the OneUi update i have noticed that my watch is counting steps while im sleeping, no i'm not a lunatic, no i dont go to the bathroom at 3 am :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye: You guys have the same problem?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Kelterson
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have the same problem.... in the morning my galaxy watch tells me i have already taken 17000 steps, even before i've left the bed. i've also seen it live in the samsung health were the steps did count about 1-2 steps pr second while sitting in the sofa watching a movie. problem often. last for a day or two, watch can behave  ok in periods, before it starts the counting again. tried factory reset, with and without restoring backup. and also sent it in to service without any improvement... did you find any solution? or is this still an issue for you as well?

0 Likes
Sinister_Chill
First Poster
Options

Well not really, 17000 steps is a hell lot of steps, maybe youre watch is freezing the counter or something, try to carry youre watch everytime you go out so the sensors can "get used to" youre body. I'm waiting for the new OneUi 1.5 update. I also reseted my watch and reinstalled apps on my iPhone, the step counter is ok while im sitting or working out, but when im sleeping it counts 10-70 steps even 170 steps sometimes. Samsung needs to push more updates for the galaxy health app fixing the algorythm they could for example stop the counter when the person is sleeping or something, cause its kind of impossible to sleep and walk at the same time.

0 Likes
BC331
Explorer
Options

Last night my galaxy watch counted 2673 steps whilst I was asleep, but did not record that I was asleep.  Samsung, you have had this problem reported for a while now, sort it out!

BC331
Explorer
Options
After 2 hours today sep 2020 Samsung have asked for mu watch to repair it. we shall see what happens
0 Likes
RodeoRoy
First Poster
Options

The last 2 updates have caused my watch to cease tracking my sleep and to count 2000+ steps while I sleep.  Every night.  Please, Samsung or someone, show me a way to fix this!

BC331
Explorer
Options
I returned my watch to Samsung g, they replaced mother board and sensors all ok
0 Likes
James
First Poster
Options

exactly and no sleep recorded. I have noticed it happens if I have to manually input sleep for rhe night before when the sleep time crosses midnight into the current day.

0 Likes
Willis76
Student
Options

Same problem, Galaxy watch (version 1) will count steps while sitting still. I can see the step counter going up while motionless. Took to Samsung who said mother board needs replacing, and since over 1yr old I would have to pay S$400+. Samsung quality is really not as good as it should be for the prices they charge. Product workable for less than two years.

0 Likes
Willis76
Student
Options

I have the same problem. Step counter logs about 190 steps per minute while sitting still. Samsung said an issue with the mother board which would cost about 75% the value of a new watch to fix. Watch 13 months old so not covered by warrenty.

Have disabled sensors for the Samsung health app, so the watch is just a watch with notifications. Very disappointed.