Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Heart Rate issues

(Topic created on: 07-03-2020 09:12 PM)
Setzer
Apprentice
Options

So I got the 46mm Galaxy Watch a couple of weeks ago and I like pretty much everything about it except for the heart rate sensor. I was using a FitBit Charge 2 previously and it did a pretty good job of tracking heart rate and giving me the info I needed but I wanted more in a watch so that's why I switched to the Galaxy Watch. Well so far I've had issues where the heart on the Galaxy watch will be inaccurate....it will show my HR as being like 90-120 or something when it's actually 50 something(I take my pulse manually). Sometimes it will lock up and stop reading my heart rate and I'll have to reset it. I have it set to continuously monitor my heart rate because I was hoping to get similar data that my FitBit was giving me.

So far I've done 3 full resets of the watch and tried changing settings like turning off the power save feature on the heart rate sensor. Still have issues. It doesn't do it all the time....some days it does just fine and I have no issues so it's not something where I want to return it because it doesn't work all the time it's just annoying when it glitches. Also when it syncs the heart rate data to the Samsung Health app on my phone it usually never imports the data correctly which I don't know what's going on. Like today for instance, my watch shows my HR range of 47-120 with a resting heart rate of 51. In the Samsung Health app it shows 31-120 with a 56 resting heart rate. So, it's like which data is accurate here? On the graph on my watch it shows my HR never going above 85 today and never going below 45....yet its telling me my HR max today was 120 and my low was 31 on the app? Can someone explain this to me or is it a bug or is the heart rate sensor on this watch garbage?

15 REPLIES 15
Arghhhraghorhn
Apprentice
Options

They will continue losing loyal customers with this sort of attitude for sure. Just yesterday my Galaxy Tab S4 256gb LTE that costed me a grand 2 years ago, shut down in the middle of nothing, entered re-booting loop, reset to factory default and when chosen my language, presented the Black Screen of Death. It never turned on. When I submitted the case to Samsung, they charged 1/2 cost of the new S7 plus model for a replacement chip and work. I was intending to give this S4 soon to my kid and buy S7 plus, now I obviously will not do this action.

Guys, what’s the point to buy any expensive devices from S. If they are so faulty? The A. devices from different generations are working across my big family - not a single glitch over many years! And the very oldest one of them is running the latest OS with ease. 

spickle81
Apprentice
Options

I got an apple 6 from 2015 that works great still. Only issue is I cant update it to the newest OS which is understandable considering its 6years old now. But man, thats a shame. I was very loyal to Samsung even with my family asking for products I would recommend them. I feel very betrayed over this support issue. I understand they got a bottom line but man we are talking about a day past warranty cover, and I been having issues which is on their file since march.

Arghhhraghorhn
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I was having issues with the Tab for total of dozen of cases over 1.5 years out of its 2 year warranty and lifespan. Effectively, I worked more for this device trying to fix it that this device was working for me).

it leaves me with a feeling that S. is no more able to integrate the final product. So many teams are working on it, some are excellent some are extremely poor, some even managed to corrupted local S. administration (a case in my country t.ex), but it is true that a final product is just as good as the worst part of it is. It will eventually fail the whole device, and the whole business. S. seems to be happy about it, they consider this conveyor will run forever and once a customer has bought a product he/she is not important so why not invest more into design and marketing instead of strategy and proper administration.

They still have excellent technology though, I agree. Their engineers are by means, the best on this planet. But what’s the point. End-user products are just a lottery.

Basant Kumar
First Poster
Options

I too have been facing the issue of hear rate tracker not working and till now there has been no update from Samsung on this issue, this is really bad from Samsung. I have been loyal Samsung customer for a very long time but new thinking to move towards Apple.

acd170247
Explorer
Options

garbage

0 Likes
Davidicus
First Poster
Options

Yeah can't trust this watch, and it hasn't improved either; I've upgraded three times. I went to have a series of heart tests all wired up and found the watch was in agreement to the exact BPM until about 130, after which I went to almost 160 but the watch only read 130.

0 Likes