Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch goes from fully charged to dead in 3 hrs

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 10:13 AM)
posttoastee
First Poster
Options

Since this weekend my Galaxy watch goes from 100% charged to completely dead in the matter of hours.  I have not changed or downloaded any new watchface or programs.  Is the battery shot?? If so, can I replace the battery  myself?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@posttoastee: Sorry to hear you're having battery issues with your Galaxy Watch. Can you attempt the steps below, to see if you notice an improvement to your overall battery life?
1. Shut down applications when not in use
2. Turn of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not in use.
3. Reduce the screen brightness
4. Check for an update: Open the Galaxy Wearables app on your phone > About Watch > Update Watch Software > Update Now
5. Turn off Watch Always On (if applicable): Settings > Watch Faces > Watch Always On > Toggle the switch so it greys out
6. Enable Power Saving Mode: Settings > Battery > Power Saving (tick to enable).
0 Likes
EllyJoy
First Poster
Options

I'm in a similar bind. My watch started running the battery down quickly and is now totally dead, battery won't charge. I suspect the battery is now dead and needs replaced, but don't know where to get a genuine battery from. Please help. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@EllyJoy: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy Watch. Sadly it isn't possible to purchase a replacement battery. If you have connected the device to your charger, and it is completely unresponsive, then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below to arrange for the device to be inspected by an engineer, where a replacement battery will be fitted if deemed necessary.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
0 Likes