Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Galaxy watch) Automatic exercise tracking issue - swimming during sleeping

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 05:03 PM)
Barttek
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

Few days ago I've noticed that my watch is randomly tracking swim during the day... Even I'm doing different things. This night I've noticed that's happening during the sleep also. When I've checked the exercise autotracking history I had multiple swim sessions covering whole duration of my sleep - as per attached screenshot.

This is causing 2 major issues:

- exercise tracking is useless... As the results are faked by the fake swim sessions,

- battery is drained quicker.

It started happening just few days ago, before everything was fine. Not sure if any SW upgrade caused it. My Watch detailed are:

- model: SM-R800,

- tinzen very: 4.0.0.7,

- SW ver: R800XXU1DSL1.

Does anyone encounter the same issue? How to solve it?

Screenshot:Screenshot_20200208-111326.png

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Mecki1
Journeyman
Options

Hi, yes, I do have the exact same issue. Unfortenately I did not find your post through search function before opening this one: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Wearables/Galaxy-Smartwatch-automatically-reports-swimming-exers...

0 Likes
Barttek
Apprentice
Options

Hi, Samsung repair center confirmed that this is hardware issue and they will be replacing motherbord in my watch.

0 Likes
MGS29
First Poster
Options

Same problem, I have to erase the auto swimming every day.  Started a few weeks ago, not once before that.  Smells like software problem to me.

0 Likes
MGS29
First Poster
Options

I just tried turning off swimming from the samsung health auto detect settings in the watch menu.  Hope that works.

0 Likes
Nisipeanu
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue with my watch. Any bug fix, after the last update is continue to random start swimming workout

0 Likes
Giavid
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue. Did you fixit?

0 Likes
Matthew W
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I have exactly the same issue, which started yesterday. I went onto the Health app on my phone to delete those exercise sessions, but it's starting to get annoying. Every time I'm just sitting down, not moving at all.

0 Likes
New Zealand
First Poster
Options

Same problem started yesterday and now constantly goes into swim mode even if on charger. I see a lot of comments starting to stack up would be nice if Samsung could start answering. 

0 Likes
Andrew W
First Poster
Options

Just started getting the same random swimming activity a week ago on my SM-R800. I wondered if it was an update gone wrong as I hardly even get my watch wet and it's only a bit over a year old! A couple of times wasn't that big an issue but now it's starting to drive me crazy. It was perfect before this :(. I hope they do something about it.

0 Likes