So I've got my Galaxy Watch Active 2 for a few days now and I must say that I really like it. I hope that the glitches that I'm experiencing will be fixed with updates or solutions in this forum...
1. Encryption is broken and should be addressed with a software update ASAP. After triggering encryption, watch restarts to PIN entry and the PIN that has been set does not work. Tried doing a factory reset via recovery and then again: set my pin, hit encrypt, reboot, pin incorrect. If I don't encrypt it, my pin works fine. Is there a PIN hardcoded somewhere in the encryption flow or what? Seems like a critical software bug, which should have been easily avoided by testing this feature at least once.
2. Bixby does not work. Simple as that, pops out a message "Samsung account failed to sync. Please try again.". Did Samsung forget to enable Active 2 to connect to its servers on launch?
3. Sleep tracking. This was only the second night with the watch, with 7-8 hours of sleep and I've got 0% Deep sleep. Either I'm a vampire, or something is not right with the tracking. If it says I had 0% deep sleep for a week and I'm still alive, I'll report back here
As said before, I really like the watch, I think the stainless steel version looks great with either the leather or sports band. The dark stainless steel also combines flashy classic with sci-fi futuristic to make a nice blend of both worlds. Not to mention the display which just pops. Pictures don't give this watch justice, have to see it in a store 😉
Oh and Samsung chat support is a joke, just don't bother wasting time.
Having same issue here with encryption. PIN comes up all the time no matter what!!! Samsung fails terribly with this basic for people that conduct email corporate businesses. Returning mine today after 1 day of usage 😕
Same here Pal. I'm returning mine after 1 day of usage. Can't use it without encryption as my corporation requires this feature in order to emailing others.
Just got done installing the update and started the encryption process. It failed with the wrong PIN issue again.
I factory reset and tried again. Failed. Ugh ...
Update? What update is this as I don't see one? In the Galaxy Wearable app if I click 'Galaxy Watch Active2\Watch software udate\Download and install' - nothing happens.
My softeware version is currently R820XXU1ASHF
Whats the version of the update?
Hooray, I'm happy and sad!
Happy that it turns out that I'm not the only one with the encryption / pin error. Sad that something so basic is not being adressed, especially since after the update this error still exists (tried it a moment ago). No email for me on this watch it seems.
Other things that are simply missing are:
- Good Google maps integration (not those standalone apps)
- NFC payment feature (I don't mind Samsung pay but would love Google Pay)
- Google Assistant integration (Not that hack that does not link correctly to your Google Account)
- Samsung Smart Hub integration (Come on guys, this is in your own eco system. The one with the standalone app does not valid it for me via the weird website activation)
- Chromecast support (when something is casting in your network, controls around what is being casted, not just if it plays on your mobile but true cast support)
- Good pilot app with navigation (Garmin Pilot or something, okay maybe this one is not so important)
It seems like Samsung is not able to compete on the software side of things. Too bad, the hardware is good.