Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch Active 2 Encryption critical bug and other issues

(Topic created on: 28-09-2019 08:00 PM)
Eclipt
Journeyman
Options

Greetings Everyone,

So I've got my Galaxy Watch Active 2 for a few days now and I must say that I really like it. I hope that the glitches that I'm experiencing will be fixed with updates or solutions in this forum...

1. Encryption is broken and should be addressed with a software update ASAP. After triggering encryption, watch restarts to PIN entry and the PIN that has been set does not work. Tried doing a factory reset via recovery and then again: set my pin, hit encrypt, reboot, pin incorrect. If I don't encrypt it, my pin works fine. Is there a PIN hardcoded somewhere in the encryption flow or what? Seems like a critical software bug, which should have been easily avoided by testing this feature at least once.

2. Bixby does not work. Simple as that, pops out a message "Samsung account failed to sync. Please try again.". Did Samsung forget to enable Active 2 to connect to its servers on launch?

3. Sleep tracking. This was only the second night with the watch, with 7-8 hours of sleep and I've got 0% Deep sleep. Either I'm a vampire, or something is not right with the tracking. If it says I had 0% deep sleep for a week and I'm still alive, I'll report back here :smiling-face:

As said before, I really like the watch, I think the stainless steel version looks great with either the leather or sports band. The dark stainless steel also combines flashy classic with sci-fi futuristic to make a nice blend of both worlds. Not to mention the display which just pops. Pictures don't give this watch justice, have to see it in a store 😉

Oh and Samsung chat support is a joke, just don't bother wasting time.

Cheers!

E.

54 REPLIES 54
Eclipt
Journeyman
Options

Update: Seems like backup does not work as well. Hope the software update arrives this year :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Hunter-PZ
First Poster
Options

I confirm an encryption error. Hot moments after 2 hours of purchase until I found this post, thanks.

0 Likes
KostasDia
Apprentice
Options

Hello

It seems I have the same issue.

This bug prevents the setup of the mail since my corporate mail is encrypted 

Eclipt
Journeyman
Options

UPDATE:

Samsung pushed out the first watch software update today, probably this is related to today being the official release date. However, I can confirm that Backup, Bixby, Deep Sleep Tracking are still not working and I am too afraid to try Encryption, as I may end up needing to setup the watch from scratch again. Nothing about these bugs was also mentioned in the patch notes.

If anyone is brave enough to try Encryption after the update, please post your results :smiling-face:

@Samsung, we cannot use Email without encryption! That is a key feature of this watch.

blenky
Helping Hand
Options

@Eclipt wrote:

UPDATE:

Samsung pushed out the first watch software update today, probably this is related to today being the official release date. However, I can confirm that Backup, Bixby, Deep Sleep Tracking are still not working and I am too afraid to try Encryption, as I may end up needing to setup the watch from scratch again. Nothing about these bugs was also mentioned in the patch notes.

If anyone is brave enough to try Encryption after the update, please post your results :smiling-face:

@Samsung, we cannot use Email without encryption! That is a key feature of this watch.

I've had my Active 2 since the 21st but had no update - what version are you on now?

Sleep tracking does give me full tracking about 20% of the time.  When it does not give me deep sleep Samsung Health says "Sleep stages not measured - You watch couldn't get a consistent heart-rate reading while you slept".  It has no problem while I'm awake and I can see its taken at least hourly readings overnight.

Bixby works fine for me.

0 Likes
Shelley123
Voyager
Options

Got my daughter this 2 days ago, it's safe to say she will not be getting anything else for a long time.20190928_100442.jpg

0 Likes
blenky
Helping Hand
Options

Eek - insured?

0 Likes
Daryl3
First Poster
Options

Encryption / Wrong Pin issue still persists.

Dave07
Apprentice
Options

The PIN is still not working after encryption.  Confirmed on the version listed below.  This is a huge disappointment as corporate email will not work on the native email app. 

Tizen 4.0.0.7

Software Version R820XXU1BSI9