Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 6 Sleep tracking issue

(Topic created on: 18-11-2023 02:06 PM)
Willvorine
Apprentice
Options
I recently upgraded to to the Samsung watch 6, the sleep function fails to record sleep often. For example I went to bed about 10.45pm and put the watch on sleep mode so didn't activate apps while sleeping. Woke this morning around 9.35am, I did wake twice during the night but very briefly, the my watch and Samsung heth is only saying I slept 1 hour 15.min.
The watch is securely fastened in the right place and in the same wrist I gave used for years . The isn't the first time it's happened. It's now messing up my sleeping stats. Anyone else have this issue? Did you fix it? 
9 REPLIES 9
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
I once had a similar issue with my galaxy watch 3 where it wasn't tracking anything because it thought I wasn't wearing it, I realised it was because the leather strap I was using couldn't get the watch close enough to my wrist. I don't know what strap u use but maybe try swapping it?
Willvorine
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. I'll give that a go see what happens.
HowfenLad
Explorer
Options
I have had poor results since the app updated. There doesn't seem to be a "sleep" button now, just "do not disturb". And it doesn't record the time I am asleep accurately. Specifically, as a man of my age, I sometimes need to get up in the night, the app then doesn't start the sleep again so it looks like I am awake from then on.
Juancho26
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I have this watch since 3 days ago, brand new. I have already figured out that it is failing in the sleep tracking. I woke up to go to pee and then go back and I fall sleep again but the watch tracks as I woke up and didn't go back to bed. Even when after that I sleep 2 or 3 more hours. 

Any update that Samsung is going to fix this?? 

Taking into account this and the sport modes missing I'm regretting for buying it..

Mi Amazfit GTS 3 was mutch better on this two points that this galaxy watch 😞

CW23
First Poster
Options

They don't plan on fixing it. It's been an issue for 6 months. Honestly looking to see what Google watch has to offer since it's Google OS that runs the phones. 

0 Likes
methos0123
Student
Options

I have one that's 4 days old, and it works. However, two out of the 4 days it has started my sleep tracking 45min.- 1.5 hours after I went to bed. So, not sure if that's been happening on others watch or not. But, it does successfully record me going back to sleep after using the bathroom during the night.

HowfenLad
Explorer
Options
My Watch4 does seem to have got more accurate recently, although it still makes considerable errors.
0 Likes
Student
Options
I find the opposite, I have insomnia. I will be awake but lying down and scrolling through my phone and the watch will tell me I am asleep.
It will even tell me I am asleep after the watch alarm I use to wake me up has gone off. Fitbit was far superior. This watch is a bit of a disappointment on that front.
Members_3sIoCX4
First Poster
Options

Sleep tracking is extremely bad. If there are more than 2 breaks to the sleep, then it only counts the last two. There are often large gaps in my sleep record. Overall a terrible product.

0 Likes