Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 5pro LTE pro compatibility with O2??

(Topic created on: 16-01-2023 01:54 PM)
MrHextall
Journeyman
Options
Hi guys I just wanted to ask you a question whether any of you have had lots of issues trying to make phone calls with your new galaxy 5 watch Pro with an O2 Esim?. Since I've had the watch I've had absolute nightmares with it just will not work and I just wondered if anyone has been successful and has could tell me how to get round these problems. It refuses to make phone calls independently of the handset and everytime I make a call it just comes back "emergency calls only" it's incredibly frustrating. 

I've had 2 new Sims and I've been to three 02 separate shops I've had a whole bunch of calls with technical support I've been through the wear app a thousands of times & I've uninstalled the watch firmware and also a number of times the Wear app but still it makes no differenc

Thanks 
0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @MrHextall ,

I would like to have a look at this with you. Can I ask what phone are you using? Did you get the watch and phone from this network provider?

0 Likes
MrHextall
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Tess. I'm using a brand new Samsung Ultra s22 and new watch. I'm on the 02 network. Thanks
0 Likes
MrHextall
Journeyman
Options
Sorry I bought the watch from Samsung online
0 Likes
MrHextall
Journeyman
Options
Tess can you help me ? Thanks
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Apologies for the delay in response @MrHextall did you enabled the service when you first connected the watch or after that? 

If the mobile network for your watch was activated with a QR code, a new one will be required to reactivate service for the watch. Contact your carrier to obtain a new QR code. You can also tried the following steps to try to get this sorted:

Make sure your new phone and data plan are compatible with the watch.

• You can only activate the mobile network  for your watch with a phone running Android 5.0 and later with 1.5 GB RAM or higher, or iPhone 5 and later with iOS 9 or later. Activation with iOS and non-Samsung phones may differ by the carrier and may be limited or not supported at this time.

• To use the call or messaging features, the watch must be connected to your phone using the Galaxy Wearable app. Contact your carrier for a list of compatible phones, valid data plans, and NumberShare  services. Make sure your account is in good standing.

Determine if your mobile network service was canceled.

When the watch is connected to a new phone, the watch will reset. During the setup process, you must complete the activation setup  in the Galaxy Wearable app. You may be prompted to select the previous registered network to reactivate service for your watch, or to add a network.

• If you choose to cancel your service during the setup, you will be prompted to sign up for new service to activate the mobile network for your watch, or to skip and connect your watch and phone via Bluetooth.

• It may be necessary to contact your carrier or access your account to manage the phone number(s) associated with your account for the watch and phone.

Contact your carrier for SIM card and activation support

Check the SIM card in your phone.

• In some cases, restarting your phone should fix the problem. However, you may need to power off the phone, and then remove and reinsert the SIM card.

• If the mobile network for the watch is not detected during the setup, you may need to replace the SIM card for your phone or contact your carrier.

• Contact your carrier and verify that the SIM card inserted in the phone supports a mobile network profile for the watch. It may be necessary to replace the phone's SIM card and purchase a new data plan.

If you are still having issues getting your watch connected to a mobile network, your carrier will need to troubleshoot your connection from their perspective.

0 Likes
MrHextall
Journeyman
Options
It's an esim and I've had 2 Sims now and many conversations. Lot further down the track now I'm afraid. All Sims are activated fully and I do get SMS working no issues. Calls are the only issue
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for that @MrHextall . I know that you have a Galaxy Watch5 but these steps on the O2 Community may help you get this resolved: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 "Emergency Calls Only" Fix - O2 Community

0 Likes
MrHextall
Journeyman
Options
Done this 3 times. Doesn't work !!
0 Likes
MrHextall
Journeyman
Options
Done
0 Likes