Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 - Suggestion - Option to allow notifications while we aren't wearing the watch

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 09:30 AM)
Pr337
First Poster
Options

Can we get an option to allow notifications while we aren't wearing the watch i.e docked on a table or charging.

The feature was there on older models like the active 2 but it has been removed due to wear os.

It's a really useful feature as I don't have to unlock my phone for every little notification as I can quickly see if it's an important notification or not.

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13
sealover1
Apprentice
Options

I just upgraded from Samsung watch 3 to the 4 classic to find out

Option to allow notifications while we aren't wearing the watch has gone, really p*ssed off about this as it now means I have to look for another watch as this is 1 basic feature I just cant do with out as I,m disabled and not always wearing my watch I dont want to wear in in bed.... shame on you Samsung a top price watch with the loss of such a basic feature why cant they just do an update to sort this out, its all over the internet with people complaining about it 😞

Ryan Staten
First Poster
Options

Having the watch actually "WORK" has got to be the best "use case scenario" there is... 

You have just alienated the entire tattooed community into buying a competitors watch because y'all can't take 3 minutes to put the coding back into the OS so notifications will be sent regardless if the watch is worn or not. 

And if you couldn't already tell, you can add me to the list of aggravated customers whose watch doesn't function correctly because of tattoos. 

How about you ask your "developers" to give us a good reason why that option was removed!

0 Likes
sealover1
Apprentice
Options

Sold my samsung 4 and changed companies as they not taking any notice of us

0 Likes
dvb2112
Student
Options

I want to add my support for this option. There are too many times that I have my phone on vibrate when i put my watch on charge and do not get notifications. If this is too much trouble for Samsung engineers to provide for its customers after deciding to spend money on the Samsung brand, maybe those customers need to spend money on another brand that will!

0 Likes