Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 sensor/electrode colour

(Topic created on: 15-09-2021 12:42 PM)
adas09
Journeyman
Options

I wonder is it normal that half of the sensor/one of the electrodes changed colour like on the photos. Looks at least weird for me, but maybe it's completely normal?

Except known problems with heart rate tracking during workouts, watch works fine. This colour 'issue' seems to not have any impact so far.
I appreciate all answers/suggestions.
20210915_094248.jpg20210915_093925.jpg20210915_093858.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
GusB
Big Cheese
Options
Mine seems to be as new.... So not sure if it's normal or not20210915_115914~2_29759.jpg
0 Likes
Shelley123
Voyager
Options
I find it really strange, mine appears to be normal, that does not look right to me.20210915_123902_15176.jpg
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I've had mine since a week prior to official release. Worn constantly. Just looked and mines still as new.
Looking at the colour change then it looks like some form of excess heat generation either from the watch or charger.
I'd be contacting support and given it's within the first 30 days of ownership then requesting a new watch.
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Maybe that ugly case you have your watch encased in has caused the watch to produce excessive heat and that has caused the damage?  Saying that, do you use any oils, creams etc on your skin?

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
adas09
Journeyman
Options

OK, so my case is in progress.
I went to my local support to pick up my old watch. I obviously asked about this case. They advised me to left it there for the check and potential repair.
Since it's brand new, I hope they will just give me the new one instead of fixing it on and on, like they did with the old one.
It suppose to be ready not later than Monday evening.

I have to admit that my local customer support is almost perfect. Although I'd rather not to visit this place so often. 😞

No oils, creams etc on my skin.

Regarding generated heat and charging - I've been using only dedicated charger from the box and sometimes EP-P3100 https://www.samsung.com/pl/mobile-accessories/wireless-charger-pad-p3100-ep-p3100tbegww/

0 Likes
adas09
Journeyman
Options

OK, so my case is getting a little bit pathetic.
It's been two weeks since I left my watch in customer service. No sign, no message, no contact from their side. So I asked few times what's going on and I'm constantly getting the same answer - watch will be replaced for a new one, but we're waiting for the documents from samsung.
And it occurred that with this documents I have to go by my self to store where I bought it, and ask for replacement. What will be tricky... since I bought it online. 😕

0 Likes
adas09
Journeyman
Options

My watch has been replaced.
But already, after using it not even for 2 months, I see that it's slowly starting to discolour the same way, same place.
It's not just my case though. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/ptnxne/i_start_to_see_some_discoloration_of_the/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/comments/pky05i/discoloration_or_corrosion/

Does this mean, that Samsung made a watch for people who does't sweat during workout? 🙈

0 Likes