Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 screen on during workout

(Topic created on: 07-09-2021 09:54 PM)
Rosagreste
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone,

Just got the galaxy 4 and I’m enjoying it but I’m struggling to see my progress when running because the screen dims whilst running.

I would like to know if there’s a way to keep the screen light up during a workout using the native workout app.

I have seen on this forum a way of doing this on previous watches, but it’s not possible to find that option on the new 4.

Please note I’m not asking about the always on display, I’m asking about keeping the screen light up and on during the workout without having to tap or turn my wrist.

Thanks so much 

Galaxy Watch4 Classic

Galaxy Watch4 

26 REPLIES 26
Jon44
Journeyman
Options

That's a shame--yeah, it's ridiculous, especially since it was a feature in the Watch2.

0 Likes
kreatorsvijeta
First Poster
Options

Bought Galaxy Watch 5 Pro a couple days ago, what a disappointment this issue was! :((((

Always on display during workout is enabled manually and I can live with that, but screen turns monochromatic and dimmed after couple seconds (so technically it's still on, but you can't see anything without raising your wrist).

Samsung should do something about this, it renders watch very dangerous to use during cycling - I need to constantly raise my wrist off the bars. Owned Galaxy Watch 1 and it worked like a charm...

Jon44
Journeyman
Options

Samsung's strategy of removing favorite features and going out of its way to annoy its customers is perhaps beyond our comprehension and ahead of its time.

0 Likes
MLYARD
First Poster
Options

Here's a work around that I have found. Go into settings, advanced features, screen wake-up which is at the bottom. Turn off raise to wake and touch screen to wake. Whenever you want to check your running stats, just tap one of the physical keys. It also keeps rain from accidentally pressing any buttons.

This obviously is not a full solution, but one that is sufficient in my opinion.

To end the run tap the back button once to wake the phone and then press and hold the back button to pause.

0 Likes
SwannyEdb
Student
Options

I FINALLY have something that works! 

I downloaded Gear Tracker 2 yesterday from the Play store earlier today and it has a 'Screen - Held On' setting within the App, which does exactly what it says on the tin. The screen stays on, at full brightness! LOTS of settings on it too.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.limegreenv.geartracker&hl=en_GB&gl=US

batteryone
First Poster
Options

Galaxy Watch 4 classic after updated to R880XXU1GVXK7 got the problem : cannot screen on with raise hand when running, riding... 

0 Likes
dgeorge4
Explorer
Options

Same problem here with GW5, always on during exercise is useless as it dims itself after a period. Semi solution is enable raise wrist and do it as you running to see the screen. Samsung has to separate the functions of AOD during exercise and stand by. 

0 Likes