Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 4G - Gmail & WhatsApp Notifcations

(Topic created on: 23-08-2021 10:37 AM)
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

Got the new watch on Friday and all seemed good but today I've noticed that notifications for Gmail and WhatsApp aren't vibrating. I'm still getting the notifications, they're there if I swipe/rotate left, they're just not vibrating.

Anyone else noticed this? Everything is correct in the settings as far as I can tell.

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

Well WhatsApp has decided to work again by itself but Gmail is still not working although it seems to be behaving weird on my phone too. 

0 Likes
strongbear
Journeyman
Options
Same thing happening with mine..no gmail dings
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options

Same with me and Gmail - no notifications at all despite it being selected in notification settings. Obviously an OS issue on the watches. One for Samsung to try and patch.

No had any issues with WhatsApp or any other app.

0 Likes
DollarBill
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same problem with Gmail. The notification dot appears at 9 o'clock but no vibration. All other apps work fine with the same settings. Had to temporarily install a second email app until this is sorted. 

0 Likes
SteveyJ
Pioneer
Options

Still no Gmail notifications but WhatsApp is definitely hit and miss. Just had a message then that didn't vibrate or light the screen. 

0 Likes
Arif76
Journeyman
Options

Same day I got my watch. Initially had no gmail and message notifications. I added gmail to outlook and this worked fine, however its not the same as using gmail. 

However this morning no sound or vibrations, just the little orange dot.  So I reset the watch and removed my gmail account from outlook, enabled the notifications. I was hoping this would work, everything worked except gmail. Next I removed the Samsung wearable app from the app, this reset the watch.

Setup everything again, now everything is working with sound and vibrations, however there is a delay when receiving Gmail notifications.  Still a working progress. Future release of the Gmail and WhatsApp app should fix this issue. There is Telegram, so surely they could develop WhatsApp.

0 Likes
DollarBill
Journeyman
Options

Hi Arif76, that's interesting. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Samsung Wearable app at the beginning and it made no difference to the lack of Gmail vibrations. After reading your message, I'm tempted to reset and try again - before I do, will you confirm that 24 hours on, it is still working fine for you today ? Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Arif76
Journeyman
Options

Hi DollarBill, it's not working, no sound or vibrations, only the orange dot. I am not surprised because the Gmail notifications have been a hit and miss.  Everything else is working, only Gmail.

For now I am using a work around, disabled the native Gmail app on the mobile and added the Gmail account to the outlook  app and it works well, this is probably due to the fact it is installed on the watch. There is another email app which can be installed however it has not been updated in awhile, I would not bother with that one. 

In the next couple of the days I will test other email apps with the Gmail, already tested Blue Mail, same result, no sound or vibrations. If all fails, still have outlook. 

I'll keep you updated.

0 Likes
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
This is a known bug and Samsung have confirmed it is being looked at .....
0 Likes