Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 - Band Broke

(Topic created on: 06-10-2021 08:29 AM)
Mike23
First Poster
Options

I bought the samsung galaxy watch 4 as soon as it came out and was so excited! After 2 months my watch band broke. I called Samsung support and was told they would not provide any replacement or discount and I could buy a new watch band online. Crazy! I had my apple watch for 4 years with no problem. Has this happened to anyone else?

Seems like their customer support has really slipped

Did Samsung help you?

Galaxy watch 4.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Even if Samsung replaced it for free, it will just break again. Save yourself some hassle and buy a replacement off Amazon that isn't Samsung branded! 

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Juan M
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, except mine took less than 2 weeks to break, I contacted Samsung to see what could be done and they gave me a truly idiotic solution that involved shipping the whole watch back... An absolute flaw in band design that absolutely needs to be corrected (the rubber is to thin and weak for a watch that requires a snug fit).

Btw never had an issue with my Samsung Sports watch from a few years ago, I literally still have it and the band is intact. 

I literally haven't had the time to deal with the shipping away etc... I'm literally holding the watch together with zip ties. An absolute shame. 

Let me know if you find something worth replacing the broken band with. Good luck

Wilky76
First Poster
Options
Same problem here bought it on release and exact same problem I'm not gonna replace it with another Samsung Watch 4 strap at £40, only for it to go again in a couple of months.

I've replaced the strap with a magnetic one.
Tharsan1993
First Poster
Options

my band is broken and its been only been like 1 week  since i bought it 

efraimbart
First Poster
Options

My band broke in the same way. I would assume it's also related to the design around pulling up one side of the band to tuck the other side under.

0 Likes
nick272
First Poster
Options

My watch strap broke in exactly the same place. Sent the watch off (after having to wipe it! 🙄) and told I'd have to buy a new strap as it's "Out of Warranty: Cosmetic Damage." Surely it's a manufacturing fault, they shouldn't break so quickly.

I previously had a fitbit with a fault strap and they sent a replacement strap out straight away.  Very poor by Samsung here.

0 Likes
Halifaxthespian
First Poster
Options

Same problem - my strap broke, but in fairness, after a year of robust (but not reckless) use, so I felt it was my problem to fix (although the device has a 24 month warranty). Samsung don't do replacement straps so bought a replacement strap via Amazon, fitted it. After a week the new strap worked loose and wouldn't stay secure (apparently this isn't uncommon), so I superglued it on. A few days later, while charging up, the device screen glowed bright green for about 30 seconds, then went dark. Then it glowed bright white for a very few seconds, and went dark again, never to come back. Contacted Samsung and explained everything above, they were sympathetic and referred me to their repair service. Customer service agent felt sure the problem was a warranty issue. Device collected by courier and sent to Glasgow for service.  Service centre emailed me a couple of days later to say the device was out of warranty because of customer misuse. Presumably they saw (with a microscope) the evidence of my glue job on the strap (which I had been quite upfront about).  Repair would be £79. I could get a new one for £50, but obviously I won't.  The problem with my device has nothing to do with the strap. Seems to me Samsung will snatch any excuse not to honour the warranty and the experience means it will be a long time till I buy another Samsung product. Very disappointed.  

0 Likes
Benjo1983
First Poster
Options

This has happened to me also!  Exact same as Mike.  I am going to return mine to the retailer as it sounds like Samsung are not willing to accept that this is a design flaw.  I bought my watch 30th October, it has lasted 6 weeks.  VERY disappointing.  I will not be buying another one.20211213_210940.jpg

0 Likes
Tusskie
Student
Options

Mine has actually broken at a similar spot. I just bought a band that doubles as as a case off of Amazon

0 Likes