Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Watch 4 4G - non samsung phone

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 04:37 PM)
edad101
Student
Options

HI Just ordered the Galaxy Watch4 4G, does the 4G connection work with any android phone or just samsung phones. I understand that you need a plan with EE, Vodafone or O2, but its not clear if another restriction is the phone make

Thanks

Ignore the accepted solution. You have to have a samsung phone for the 4G to work!

9 REPLIES 9
dsss
Voyager
Options
It will work with any android phone. No restrictions regarding that.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The Galaxy Watch  4 is indeed compatible with all modern  Android phones, though not ios which differs from previous watches.   Some health features though only available with a Samsung  smartphone. 

Some information in this review https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/samsung-galaxy-watch-4-review 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I've just received the Watch 4 from EE and found out the4G connection won't work with any device other than a Samsung device.

The Bluetooth connection works with any android device but the 4G connection is specific to Samsung only phones. This isn't clear and EE let me order the watch knowing that I had a Pixel. Now retuning the watch.

Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I found the section where Samsung makes clear that the 4G connection is only possible with Samsung Galaxy phones.

See the section (1) on https://www.samsung.com/uk/wearables/galaxy-watch/

(1) 4G LTE standalone connectivity available on Galaxy Watch 4G model connected exclusively on EE* and Vodafone**. Wireless network and pairing with compatible Samsung Galaxy device required.

edad101
Student
Options
Agree, just found this out after bying the 4g watch. It's not exactly clear, very frustrating. Almost like it's deliberately hidden away to try to get you to buy a smasung phone afterwards!
AntS
Options

Hi @edad101 , I've taken dsss' post off as the 'accepted solution', and marked Members_AN0Jw5T's post as it instead.

yschimke
Apprentice
Options

I can confirm that after failing with Pixel 4, EE finally told me that only Samsung devices were supported.

Worked first time with a Samsung Galaxy Flip 3. 

Samsung sales staff in store didn't believe this, so they could unfortunately be selling 4G watches to customers with non Samsung phones.

0 Likes
sp999
Apprentice
Options

same with o2 ONLY works with Samsung phones. very few staff knew this

https://www.o2.co.uk/samsung-watch 

Although interestingly, had chat with samsung tech sup on phone and they were ***** that this should work with ANY phone. I've a transcript of call so next week I'm going to try to escalate this through Samsung as they blatantly don't understand too !!!

sp999
Apprentice
Options

So, after escalating with Samsung the watch will not work on 4g with any Android other than a Samsung phone. Very disappointing as none of the retailers I spoke to knew these either

0 Likes