Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy smart watch back button not working

(Topic created on: 17-07-2020 07:51 PM)
Hardwareprob
Journeyman
Options

The back (top) button of my watch is not working, when I press it nothing happens. Is this a hardware problem or a software problem. And how do you find out if a device is still under warranty.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
AndrewL
Options
@Hardwareprob: Can you try restarting the watch via the Power button to see if this helps, as this will address any temporary software issues that may be affecting the device. If your problem persists then I recommend visiting a Samsung Support Centre where an engineer can inspect the watch for you. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device > Phones, Tablets and Wearables' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

If you'd like me to check the warranty status of the watch then please send me a private message by clicking on my name and hitting 'Send Message' in the top right corner, include your model number and serial number, and I can look into this for you.
0 Likes
Geoffrey81
Student
Options

i have the exact same problem and i have tried everything i can think of and it still doesn't work. (resetting it restating it, pressing it harder and multiple times ect) what do i do. i have only had it for a couple of moths now and i have never bumped it or done anything to it that would brake it. what can i do?

Solution
Hardwareprob
Journeyman
Options

I ended up having to send it off for repair while it was still in warrantee. They managed to fix it and it now works. 

0 Likes
sandyhh
Student
Options

my 42mm watch is hardly six months old. Just noticed I can access any shortcut or samsung pay. What can be done? 

0 Likes
sandyhh
Student
Options

I have the same issue. My watch is under six months old. All shortware is updated, restarted, rebooted and nothing resets the buttons.

0 Likes
sandyhh
Student
Options

same problem. Also a few months old. 

0 Likes
Solution
Hardwareprob
Journeyman
Options
I ended up sending it of for repair mine was still in warranty so it was free. When it came back it said on the invoice something to do with the main board so it was a hardware problem
Solution
Hardwareprob
Journeyman
Options

I ended up sending it of for repair mine was still in warranty so it was free. When it came back it said on the invoice something to do with the main board so it was a hardware problem

0 Likes
SJCH
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I'll be taking it back to the shop as unfit for purpose to get a refund.

0 Likes