Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active watch display issues after swim

(Topic created on: 15-08-2021 05:30 PM)
LadyDi18
Journeyman
Options

Help!

So I went for a quick swim after kayaking yesterday and my watch stopped working after the swim. Had water lock on. I did shake after and wipes dry but screen started flashing and now won't work. Tried putting in some rice to dry out and charged it last night. Tried rebooting but display comes on and then turns off. 

What next?

14 REPLIES 14
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
I have never had a problem with my watch active when swimming and I use it to track laps. Did u have a crack in screen or body?
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @LadyDi18, sorry to hear about your watch. It does sound like an inspection will be required to determine what actions to take to get this sorted. You can arrange this with any one of our Approved Support Centres. The closest can be found here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/ 

0 Likes
LadyDi18
Journeyman
Options

No it was in good shape. Display comes on but turns off again within minutes. 

Trying the old rice method to dry out...perhaps some water got inside.

0 Likes
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
Have u tried charging it
0 Likes
LadyDi18
Journeyman
Options

Thanks I'm in Canada. Took it to Greek Squad at BestBuy but they won't touch it. They said to try put it in rice for a few days then try again. Display works. Have rebooted but won't stay on. Was able to check settings. ..nothing enabled that should interfere with display so not sure.

May have to replace it.

0 Likes
LadyDi18
Journeyman
Options

Yes and it came on but won't stay on. Best buy Geek squad told me to try after it has Sat in rice for longer....may have fried it when I tried rebooting too soon.

It's the first active model...maybe they improved in next model.

0 Likes
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
I have owned both modes and never had a problem with swimming. Do u have a samsung store near u?
0 Likes
LadyDi18
Journeyman
Options

Checking. I love my Samsung products. First time I had an issue. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
LadyDi18
Journeyman
Options

No. Not sure the problem but display stopped working even after days of rice drying. Guess I'll have to buy another

0 Likes