Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active not tracking distance

(Topic created on: 06-11-2019 01:38 PM)
matthewgordon
Student
Options
Hi,

The diatnce isn't being tracked on my Galaxy Active watch. During and after a activity it states 0km. I have reset the watch to factory settings, turned on GPS, turned off/on cycling in workout detection. Turned off elliptical training and rowing in workout dectection.

Any pointers?

Thanks
Matthew
60 REPLIES 60
pasik
First Poster
Options

I have exactly same problem with tracking on my Galaxy Watch Active 2. Walking would track then stop randomly, only timer work, no distance or steps are count after that. Need start tracking again to continue recording.

0 Likes
vcb125
First Poster
Options

Back up your watch and do the reset. You can restore your info after that. It solved my problem (so far) of the watch stopping tracking, but it did start not tracking distance on cycling. Go figure...

0 Likes
Eu15
Apprentice
Options

Faced same problem here. Also, sometimes heart rate is wired and unimaginative. Conversely, saw apple watch on others hand- works seamlessly with heaps of features available than galaxy active 2. I'm so disappointed. 

Lesheque
Journeyman
Options

OK, @vcb125 so I understand that resetin the watch solves the bug with stopping tracking. Did you try it to get rid of that cycling problem? So far I've found a (kind of) solution. When I let the watch to detect itself that I'm cycling, the tracking somewhat works. When I switch it on manually - no tracking at all.

Anyway - are there any Samsung guys on thaf forum, or are we supposed to fix their expensive gear on our own?

0 Likes
vcb125
First Poster
Options

No, the cycling, as far as I know, is still not tracking. I don't cycle everyday so I haven't checked it in a couple of days. I've turned off my location, hoping the cycling app would pick it up, but it didn't make a difference. I might try another reset and see if that works. I hadn't had any problems until the  update of 10/18/2019, that's when it all started, so maybe they need to fix that glitch and send out another update.

0 Likes
Oleg4
First Poster
Options

I'm running 4-5 times a week and Watch Active (1st version) stopped tracking distance for half of my workouts since approx Oct, 20th (probably also related to that update). Didn't have that issue since I bought them half a year ago.

Now one day it tracks fine, but another day it shows 0,01km, 0,25km or 0,05km...

I tried to restart tracking during the run itself but it still fails to track anything.

Well, it tracks time and heart rate fine, and what's more interesting, the chart  in the iOS app even shows cadence and speed correctly (not the table though). So I'm pretty sure they could calculate the total distance based my total running time and speed at any point during the workout, because if not, someone definitely skipped lessons in elementary school :winking-face:

Support guys, pls fix it ASAP.

0 Likes
Taraleta01
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. I start running. Tracks well for above 2km then stop tracking.  If I started again everything is fine for a couple km.... need help

0 Likes
Lesheque
Journeyman
Options

As far as I see, there're two separate issues discussed in this thread. One is the issue with tracking running. Tracking stops randomly during training. As it were written above to get rid of this bug - at least in some cases - you should reset your watch to factory settings. There's also other problem. Absolutely no tracking (not even 100 m) during cycling. There's no final solution to this problem. I have found two workarounds. First - unpair your watch from the phone. While working separately it tracks a cycling distance properly, but you loose some functionalities like remote control of your music player and reading messages. The other way is to avoid switching on cycling mode. When you just start cycling your watch itself notices its and switch to tracking mode. Such trenings are later displayed in your app as automatic ones. Of course, these workarounds does not excuse Samsung from fixing these bugs, that seem to be simple software glitches. 

0 Likes
vcb125
First Poster
Options

Today I checked and my running does not track distance at all and neither does cycling. Once I reset my watch, tracking for walking is working regularly. No more random stopages. I'm resetting again to see if the cycling and/or running will start working properly. Otherwise, wherever the Samsung techs are on this forum, they need to get to work on a fix. 

0 Likes
zoran43
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2:

- It does not measure distance when cycling. When walking it is OK.

- It does not detect cycling. When walking it is OK. I have it turned on (Samsung health/Settings/Workout detection/Activities to detect/Cycling)