Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 4 Watch: 4G or BT, that is the question

(Topic created on: 16-08-2021 05:39 PM)
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options

In a dilemma about getting the Bluetooth, or the 4G, apart from being standalone, is there any point really, because I don't go running and I've never not got my phone on me... TIA

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Not sure about EE but Vodafone OneNumber costs £7 a month. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/onenumber

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
What if I'm not using the 4G?
0 Likes
LionBerks
Pioneer
Options
I was about to order the BT version but couldn't see an option to trade my Active 2 anywhere. Spoke with CS and if I went with the 4G version they were offering £150 trade in so it actually worked out cheaper then the BT version.
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
Exactly what I did, just hope the battery is good on it
BrianTheElder
Apprentice
Options

I have has a Fitbit BT watch that has been a big pain for me, constantly losing Bluetooth connection.  My problem is, I don't keep my mobile with me at all times.  If I am away for a minute or two, the connection is lost and the app hangs.  May be the Fitbit app, maybe the phone, maybe a Bluetooth "feature", maybe because I have so many Bluetooth gadgets.  Fitbit's solution - laughably, uninstall and reinstall the app.  Fine, it works, but is that the best they can do?  And who wants to do that incessantly?

My question - if I get a Watch 4 4G, will I have to keep resyncing it?  My thought is that it will always be connected by WiFi and I can forget about Bluetooth.

Only drawback I can see is battery life.  Must be 24 hours to work for me.

0 Likes