Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free watch with the s20+

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 02:24 PM)
VIKKIE
Apprentice
Options

Why won't it let me apply for my watch? I followed all the steps but it just says, not available in this country yet, I'm in the UK so thats a load of nonsense, can somebody please advise, the live chat isn't working, I get cut off when I ring the helpline or I get passed from pillow to post and then cut off, I payed for this new phone outright, so I won't be happy Samsung if nothing comes of this. I will be going to the ombudsman. And I will be doing it before my 30 days are up too. Should have just gone through o2 instead, their customer service is much better than what I'm receiving from Samsung directly. Not a very happy customer at all. And I've used Samsung for 20 years 

9 REPLIES 9
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties.

Can I ask what vendor you bought the phone though?
0 Likes
Samswe
Explorer
Options

You get a free watch with your S20+? I also bought S20+ but haven't gotten any discount or anything free. I bought galaxy watch and Galaxy buds+ for full price :/.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @VIKKIE ,

this is a promotion available for those who purchase the phone from a participating retailer between 29.04.20 - 26.05.20. Find all the information about this here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/galaxy-watch-offer/

0 Likes
VIKKIE
Apprentice
Options

I bought direct from Samsung.com along with the galaxy buds and a phone case. Not that any of this matters, Samsung make this very overcomplicated, it's obvious why in my eyes. I have been dealing with somebody who is trying to resolve this for me. But again, I'm being told that they can't do this from their end, it has to be done by me. Somebody somewhere withing Samsung can override something to activate this for when things go wrong with the claim site. Sick of being fobbed off. 

I would have to get in touch if I where you @Samswe I wouldn't be very happy about that. Maybe you will be able to send your watch back and then claim your free 1? You have to apply for it within 30days of purchasing your phone though or it isn't valid.

Samswe
Explorer
Options

Talked to support and they told me we don't get anything like that in Sweden. Really sucks because I have everything Samsung, S20+, buds, tabs s6, watch and not once have I been rewarded with anything. The best I gotten was a 50% discount for cases on their site with Samsung pay but even then I had to do 5 purchases to get the discount. 

Well, it is what it is. Just have to tell you all, you're really lucky to get good deal like this :). Maybe sometime in the future I will too! 

0 Likes
Mich17
First Poster
Options

I am having the same difficulty and its impossiblr to talk to a human being.

I bought my S20+ on May 4th but when I follow the steps to claim free watch I keep getting a pop up saying claim is not valid - I tried calling the help line but gave up after 25 mins. Also sent to messages via "help" portal just got 2 exactly same automated response messages. It really is frustrating & I have to say Samsung gets 0 out of 5 for this noe.

I am concerned that if I dont manage to get through within the 30 days I will be told I am not eligible because I am outside the 30 days rule. can anybdy help please?

Samswe
Explorer
Options
I don't know if it's the same in all countries, but here in Sweden they have live chat support on Samsung's official website and they're almost always available. I would give that a try if it's the same in your country.
0 Likes
AntS
Options
AntS
Options

@Samswe , Hope you guys in Sweden get some goodies in the future. 🙂👍

0 Likes