Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Extremely inaccurate sleep measurement in Galaxy Watch6 Classic

(Topic created on: 23-08-2023 07:59 AM)
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
I have recently got a Galaxy watch6 classic, LTE version. I have been using Samsung smart watches to track my sleep and other health metrics since years. I am very much concerned this time that the sleep measured by the watch6 classic seems to be very inaccurate. The first day I used it, it didn't record the sleep at all. Since the second day it started recording sleep but it seems to detect the sleep hours later than when I fall asleep. It also doesn't record any of the deep sleep stage eg. since 5th of August, when the watch came it never picked up a single period of deep sleep. There also seems to be a new rule of measuring sleep statistically rather than using the sensor. I often noticed when I am at work during a night shift, at 12am to 1am in the mid night it starts recording sleep, and automatically goes to sleep mode even though I used to be very much physically active during that time. Another new rule I've noticed is that it doesn't record sleep for a second time in one day. During my off day yesterday I slept for at least 10 hours. I went to bed at 9pm and woke up approximately at 7am inext day morning. I woke up in the middle at 4:13am to use the bathroom. When I checked the watch6 classic it only showed me 4h 9m of sleep, starting from 12:05am to 4:14am, till when I used the bathroom. After using ot since two weeks, It is clear to me now that my Watch6 misses the majority of the sleep to record and will record sleep only once a day depending on some statistical rule rather than using the sensor to detect the sleep pattern match. I had a Watch4 classic before this and the sleep measurement has always been very very accurate on that watch. The Watch6 classic has got numerous bugs and issues eg. another of which is not receiving any phone notifications in the watch for which I had to reset the watch many many times over the last two weeks ( I explained it in detatils in a separeate thread ). I cant beleive, I have spent my £413 for such a good looking rubbish item. I am extremely, deeply disappointed by this new watch. My Watch4 classic was way better than this - at least in measuring the health metrics. 
Go to solution
28 REPLIES 28
Solution
EdNet
Pioneer
Options

You are right, though i see a lot of users complaining about this!

Maybe we should write reviews at websites that sell this watch, put some pressure on them.

MRashid
Pioneer
Options
The issue has been resolved by Samsung in the software version R965FXXU1AWI1 and updates to the Samsung health watch and health monitor app.
0 Likes
EdNet
Pioneer
Options

I do not (yet) have this software version. 

When i check a new version is not available.

I have R930xxU1AWH4/R9300Xm1AWH4

This means i cannot confirm this is the solution for the problem.

0 Likes
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
I marked it as solution as you suggested to post a review on their marketing site. The update came out just the following day after I and my wife posted two reviews about the sleep tracking issues on samsung UK. Hopefully you will get the update soon. Depends on which country you are from. Also try togging on and off the auto update option few times. Also the update itself wont solve it. You need to go to settings>apps>Samsung app updates and the update the Samsung health app and Samsung health monitor app as well from there.1697525387330_1697525387312_0.jpg
0 Likes
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
Forgot to mention that the software version number may differ for you as the R930 part in you software version indicates you have a GW6 on the other hand mine is GW6 classic LTE version.
0 Likes
jkang
First Poster
Options

I also have sleep tracking issue of my GW6 that starts tracking later than when I actually fell into sleep. I’m also wearing Apple Watch during the sleep. Compared to two devices, sleep level records are similar but only time in bed is different. GW6 started tracking almost one hour later when I went to bed.

0 Likes
diegop16
Apprentice
Options

Aboslutely, I think the problem is the later version of One UI. I had the Watch 4 that had this issue when the update was release. I bought the Watch 6 thinking that my older watch was not working fine and.... the same thing with the latest watch. And Samsung did not release any update for months... It's frustating.

0 Likes
MRashid
Pioneer
Options
The update has been released during sometime in October 2023. Make sure you update the Samsung health app in both watch and phone, allow all the permissions for the following apps : Samsung health, Health monitor, Health platform in both phone and watch from system and turn on all data sync in the Health Platform app.
0 Likes
Chrisw_999
Apprentice
Options

Yesterday, after finding my watch wasn't recording sleep correctly I returned it to the retailer.  Two days before the retailer's tech staff altered various settings and offered to replace the watch if their changes didn't fix the problem.  The  GW6 was replaced and the new watch exhibits exactly the same behavior.  The problem appears to be that the sleep analysis either ignores all but the last sleep period, or only analysis the last sleep period.

Last night I slept with both my GWS6 and my wife's Apple Watch.  I guess if Samsung doesn't fix this problem quickly I'll be returning the GWS6 to the retailer for a refund. Luckily, Australia has good consumer protection laws and goods that aren't fit for purpose.  Then I'll go to the dark side and visit an Apple retailer.  Of course that'll mean replacing my S23 Ultra too.

geebee269
First Poster
Options
This is my first smart watch and I'm going back to a normal watch. It barely records my sleep, tracks my bpm once in a blue moon and the notifications are terrible. Interesting to see other people have the exact same problems. Luckily I got it for free so can't be too mad
0 Likes