Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant launch Samsung Watch face design software

(Topic created on: 21-04-2020 11:47 PM)
DLloyd
Student
Options

Hey,

So I can't open your galaxy watch face design software as it asks for a certain java script, and I cant install that java script as my mac has already got a newer version.

Can I do anything or is this an update that Samsung have to do?

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @DLloyd ,

I have had a look into this and it appears that Galaxy Watch Designer has been renamed to Galaxy Watch Studio! You can download this for your Mac from this page.

Hope that this helps!

0 Likes
DLloyd
Student
Options

Thank you. I still have the same problem though.

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 12.45.47.pngScreenshot 2020-04-22 at 12.46.42.png

0 Likes
DLloyd
Student
Options

I know it says watch designer on those previous screen shots, but I did install the studioScreenshot 2020-04-22 at 12.48.21.png

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

We are glad to hear that you have been able to download the new software/app. Are you able to use this correctly now @DLloyd ? 

0 Likes
DLloyd
Student
Options

Hey,

I mentioned just above that this has not fixed the issue, maybe me posting twice meant you missed the first response.

I am still unable to open it as it needs Java SE 6, but I can't install it because my mac has a newer version of the software.

I feel this means that Samsung need to do something to the app, so it works with later versions of the java software?

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 12.45.47.pngScreenshot 2020-04-22 at 12.46.42.png

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for your soon reply and confirming that this hasn't been resolved. I have double-checked your messages again and I can see that the error message is coming from the Galaxy Designer and no the Galaxy Watch Studio. Can you confirm if this is the message that you got when you try to use the new Galaxy Watch Studio app or are you unable to use this one? 

0 Likes
DLloyd
Student
Options

I am using the studio. The designer isnt installed on the computer anymore.
Thank you also, for your quick replies.
Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 15.16.29.png

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Do you have the Java Development Kit installed too, @DLloyd?

0 Likes
DLloyd
Student
Options

Hi Carl,

Thanks for replying?

Where can I find out, or attempt to download? Thanks.

I'm a designer but not very technical unless is design software 🙈

0 Likes