Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reply to notifications on Watch 3 when paired to Stock Android

(Topic created on: 09-09-2020 03:38 PM)
inclitus
Apprentice
Options

Hey Everyone,

I have an issue with replying notifications on my Watch3. I do recieve them correctly, but when I try to answer them by selecting a default answer,after hitting the blue send arrow, nothing happens. Similarly nothing happens when I hit the emoji or custom reply icons.

The watch is paired to a Nokia 7 Plus with "pure" Android 10. I tried factory resetting the watch and the phone. So far nothing has helped. Replying to notifications works perfectly with a Redmi Note 9 Pro, so my assumption is this has something to do with stock Android? Can  someone please help?

23 REPLIES 23
Shock4You
Student
Options

I have the same problem with Nokia 6.1 with Android 10. Not solved it yet.

Shock4You
Student
Options

I had a chat with Samsung support and they forwarded me to Nokia support to solve it with them.

inclitus
Apprentice
Options

I had lenghty conversations with Nokia support on chat, but where it landed is a statement that they do not guarantee compatibility with 3rd party devices and shared the list of communication protocols the phone is compatible with e.g. Bluetooth protocols.

My assumption is the issue might come from this incompatibility - in that case there is not much we can do. 

Still hopeful for a software trick that could resolve it.

Beckero
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue, I have a Nokia 9. 
Posted a similar topic earlier; didn't found this response yet. (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/gatlaxy-watch-3-unable-to-reply-to-notifications-whats...

Beckero
Journeyman
Options

I feel like Samsung should fix this though. They state that everything should work with an Android phone, as long as they are not too old; which they aren't...

inclitus
Apprentice
Options

Sorry to hear - Nokia 9 is definitely not an old one.. It might be an issue with the Watch and Stock Droid then as it works perfectly with my wife's Redmi Note 9 Pro.

Beckero
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone has an idea what to do then? Reading previous messages Samsung says it's Nokia's problem and Nokia says it's Samsung's problem.
If this is the case I'm thinking of sending the watch back to be honest (and/or my phone ;))... Customer service beyond zero imo...

0 Likes
inclitus
Apprentice
Options

No idea unfortunately. To be honest, I got a Galaxy S10 in the meantime changing my 2.5 yrs old Nokia. No compatibility issues any longer - sad though this seems to be the solution. Loved my Nokia 7 plus - overall system speed was still comparable to S10 (not playing games) and battery life was way better on Nokia lasting more than 2 days after 2.5 years still.

Beckero
Journeyman
Options

I had a nice Messenger with someone of Samsung yesterday and I also send a 'bug report' using the Wear app. They promised to give an update soon. Fingers crossed.

To me it currently seems like a software problem. As it is possible to send an SMS using the watch when you select a contact, create sms and click send. That works. So why wouldn't replying on a notification (SMS) work?

0 Likes