Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reply to notifications on Watch 3 when paired to Stock Android

(Topic created on: 04-09-2020 06:26 PM)
inclitus
Apprentice
Options

Hey Everyone,

I have an issue with replying notifications on my Watch3. I do recieve them correctly, but when I try to answer them by selecting a default answer,after hitting the blue send arrow, nothing happens. Similarly nothing happens when I hit the emoji or custom reply icons.

The watch is paired to a Nokia 7 Plus with "pure" Android 10. I tried factory resetting the watch and the phone. So far nothing has helped. Replying to notifications works perfectly with a Redmi Note 9 Pro, so my assumption is this has something to do with stock Android? Can  someone please help?

23 REPLIES 23
HBoer
Explorer
Options

Did Samsung have the solution for the problem?

0 Likes
ejlazaro
Student
Options

Got the same problem with my Nokia 7 plus. I can't reply with any notifications including messages, FB messenger, viber, etc. Hope Samsung will come up with a fix.

Pete20
First Poster
Options

At least presets repliing should be there as I will call you latter etc. Very big Bug. Hopefuly will be fixed soon. Apple 11

0 Likes
Myka
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Nokia 7 plus 😞

0 Likes
Plaguedoc
Student
Options

same issue with nokia 8 sirocco. if they want me to buy a samsung phone so it works, this is the wrong approach. 

HBoer
Explorer
Options

I also have a Nokia 7 Plus smartphone. At first it was not possible to reply, but after a full reset of the watch (2 times) the problem was solved. Maybe you can trie the same.

good luck.

Awais
First Poster
Options

Facing same issue my phone is nokia 7 plus and watch is active 2 just purchased the watch 4 days ago now after updating the watch i am unable to reply notifications and i regret why i choose samsung watch poor customer service samsung. If they do not resolve this issue urgently then i will never ever buy any samsung product and i will also tell all other that do not buy samsung products.

Emily1983
Apprentice
Options

I had the same issue. My watch has been working fine and replying to messages for months. Then my watch had a big update and now I can't reply to messages. Not happy Samsung! 

0 Likes
Argad
First Poster
Options

Same issue after the new update (Tizen 5.5) on Samsung Galaxy Watch 1 and Nokia 7.1. I did reset my watch once but without results. Haven't tried resetting without restoring settings yet.

It was working fine before the update. Now reply buttons or emojis or notification buttons of apps like Okta don't work. 

0 Likes
Prasad2000
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found a solution yet on this topic. I have same issue with Nokia 6.2 and Watch Active. I contacted Samsung support and was asked to send the watch in for repair !. Really ?

0 Likes