Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds Pro DOES NOT Support Windows 10 Bluetooth Connectivity!

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 09:41 AM)
Jubbarelly75
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

Just had the Buds Pro delivered and cant get them to connect to my laptop via Bluetooth.

They are working fine on my FE Smart Phone so I spoke to Samsung chat and they say they wont work?!?!

£220 for something you can only use on an Android device is rediculous!

Come on Samsung, you need to do a FW update to get these very expensive Android only ear buds working with Windows.

Other cheaper buds in the Samsung range work so why dont these out of the box!!!!

Safe to say I shall be returning them for a full refund.

29 REPLIES 29
Mariano R
Student
Options

You saved my day !

0 Likes
MisticDW
First Poster
Options

@Samsung Why don't the buds just sync with Windows through the Your Phone app?

You love to tell us how "seamless" the experience is with these new devices but then over look features like this? 

Y'all making Apple look good 

0 Likes
nardof
First Poster
Options

Thank you @xaneybert -- taking it out of the case did the trick.

0 Likes
mrsfordyce
First Poster
Options

This worked for me! Thank you! I have the Windows Surface Go and couldn't get it to connect but by turning off all my other Bluetooth devices first then trying it allowed my computer to discover the buds and successfully pair with it. Now they connect automatically.

0 Likes
jonnybgood
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I don't know if you still have the same problem. I thought it wasn't possible to connect them to a windows 10 laptop but after looking on the samsung website I found that it was really easy. Disconnect pro buds from the wearable app on your phone, put the ear buds in your ears and touch both buds at the same time for a few seconds, you'll hear a bleeping sound when they go into pairing mode, go in to windows settings add new Bluetooth device, they will show up quickly, edge touch still works. They don't show up if you pair from the case.

Samster
First Poster
Options

Not sure if anyone is still having this problem but leaving them in the case with it open allowed my PC to find them.

There is also now an app to change settings on them:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/galaxy-buds/9nhtlwtkfznb

Casias
First Poster
Options

Hey, Ive tried everything that everyone has said and im still having issues.

Ive installed the buds windows app and tried to connect them while the earbuds are in the case and while they are in my ears in pairing mode and Ive also tried them manually through the Bluetooth devices menu. Can anyone offer any more help as this is mind boggling

0 Likes
Members_4DSx0op
First Poster
Options

Same has happened here

Buds used to connect without any fuss but fail even with 'Buds' windows app

They dont even show up on device list of bluetooth devices where other devices (s20) doo

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Mariano R
Student
Options

Yes installing this app my Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro worked again. In some way they were working in the past and stopped to work, but fixed with this app, although I needed to remove the pairing first from the Bluetooth manager, and pair them again with the app.

Also worth to highlight that it's the official app, and allows to setup some of the special features the buds have, like noise cancelling.

0 Likes
DCB2021
Student
Options

The easiest way to do this is take them out of the case... place them in both ears and touch them both for about 5 seconds and you will hear a tone (wish it was a voice saying "paring" instead of a tone).  This works if they are already paired, just opening the case does not.  ,,,,,,  I will say that this is DUMB AND there are NO VISUAL INDICATORS to tell you its in paring mode like (fail)....     

0 Likes