Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds Pro DOES NOT Support Windows 10 Bluetooth Connectivity!

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 02:17 PM)
Jubbarelly75
Apprentice
Options

Hi all

Just had the Buds Pro delivered and cant get them to connect to my laptop via Bluetooth.

They are working fine on my FE Smart Phone so I spoke to Samsung chat and they say they wont work?!?!

£220 for something you can only use on an Android device is rediculous!

Come on Samsung, you need to do a FW update to get these very expensive Android only ear buds working with Windows.

Other cheaper buds in the Samsung range work so why dont these out of the box!!!!

Safe to say I shall be returning them for a full refund.

29 REPLIES 29
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jubbarelly75  Realise this will have been somewhat frustrating but imagine  Galaxy Buds Pro are designed for Mobile Devices and the biggest demand for their use.    From Instruction manual:

"The connection pop-up window will appear only on Samsung mobile devices  running Android operating system 7.1.1 or later that have the SmartThings app
installed. If the pop-up window does not appear, update the SmartThings app to the
latest version. "

"If you connect to a non-Samsung mobile device that also uses the Android OS, some
of the features of the earbuds may not be available and the earbuds may not work
properly".  

Windows Devices are not mentioned.

However  situation different on Galaxy Buds Plus , see article from 2020:

"With Microsoft Swift Pair feature, you can now more easily pair your Galaxy Buds to your Windows 10-based PC.2 This allows you to utilize Galaxy Buds’ innovative sound quality on work-related tasks, such as remote video meetings, or listening to the music that helps you power through the workday. With the addition of Swift Pair compatibility, Galaxy Buds join Galaxy Buds+ to support multiple pairing experiences across mobile and PC devices,3 giving you the freedom to easily connect to, and switch between, your favorite devices".

https://news.samsung.com/global/do-more-on-your-galaxy-buds-with-new-software-updates 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Jubbarelly75
Apprentice
Options

Yeah fully understand that, just doesnt make sense to not include this feature when the Plus (Which the Pros will replace) has it but cost less money.

Hopefully Samsung see sense and activate it via FW update if its possible to do it that way.

You would expect flagship device to have all the bells and whistles out the box.

Patrick_C
First Poster
Options

I have paired the Buds Pro to two different PCs running Windows 10 via Bluetooth.   Advanced features such as touch control are absent, but they work fine as a Bluetooth headset.

To pair the Buds to the PC, turn off Bluetooth on your other connected devices (phone), open the case, then initiate Bluetooth pairing from within Windows.

Jubbarelly75
Apprentice
Options

Ive tried that several times and they just dont get recognised by the laptop. 

Laptop has the latest OS service packs and updates 😞

0 Likes
laxhill
Apprentice
Options

Done that - win 10 recognises them - they connect but then within 15 secs or so they disconnect and wont reconnect

0 Likes
JithJ450
Journeyman
Options

download this opensource app https://github.com/ThePBone/GalaxyBudsClient/releases/download/4.1.1.1/GalaxyBudsClient_Windows_64bi...

it will give you the full functionality of the galaxy buds pro apart from 360 audio. Hope it helps

xaneybert
First Poster
Options

hey guys, hope this helps.

If your device is already paired to your galaxy device and will need to pair it to other non-Samsung devices. you just have to wear them and press and hold both Left and Right buds for a few seconds to enter pairing mode and will be detected by your PC.

😊

staytuned2k
First Poster
Options

To anyone still interested, I just registered here so that I can clear this up.

The Galaxy Buds Pro work 100% with Windows 10 BT.

You have to make sure that your mobile phone is NOT paired to them at the time that you try to connect your Buds with Windows 10.

Then, place your buds inside of the case. Close the lid. Open it. This activates the pairing / visibility. Start your search for the Buds in Windows 10. You will find them unless you're running some kind of outdated system, or if you messed your BT drivers up in any other way.

Even the advanced touch functions work as expected. Start, play, hold to disable ANC, etc.

You don't even have to believe me :smiling-face: See for yourself:

Buds BT.png

dawidmos
Apprentice
Options

Yes.... finally.. just disconnect phone (Bluetooth). Everything works fine now. Thank You.

0 Likes