Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds pro 2 ear infection

(Topic created on: 07-03-2023 09:02 PM)
shaw23
Explorer
Options
Hi just wondering if anyone else has experienced sore / itchy ears after using the buds 2 pro, used them for about two maybe 3 hours and my ears started to become irittated. I didn't think much of it at first and then they became itchy. Put them in a day later and within 30 mins the iritation and itchines was back. There is slight crusting on my left ear although my right ear is the one that's irittated the most. 

Any feedback would be great. 

Thanks 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Egg1
Voyager
Options
“Bacteria and fungi thrive in moist, warm areas, such as the ear canal, and that's where earbuds sometimes trap moisture and fluid,” said Hayley Ralph, MD, a family medicine provider at OSF HealthCare. “When that happens, you're at risk for an ear infection.”
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I use mine for extended periods at work 5 hours + at a time. I cleaned them before their first use with alcohol wipes and after everytime I use them, I've never had an issue.

Some people's ears are also more sensitive than others which may play a part with your issue, if that's the case I'm not sure there would be a great deal you can do other than maybe speak to your doctor for advice.
0 Likes
shaw23
Explorer
Options
Thanks, not had any issues at all tho with either my Bose quiet comfort buds or my senhieser momentum 3's.
0 Likes
shaw23
Explorer
Options
Yeah, Ive just been reading on line about this, seems to be quite a well known issue for a lot of people with the Samsung bud pros, shame, I bought these for the 24bit audio with the s23ultra. Doesn't look like I'll get the benefit. Pretty gutted.
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Try some memory foam tips, amazon or eBay sell them. May have something to do with what the supplied tips are made of which is just speculation on my part.
0 Likes
shaw23
Explorer
Options
From what I'm reading just now it's likely to do with the Nickle used in them, I'll try the foam tips tho as I really want to be able to take advantage of the higher bit audio.
Thanks for replying.
0 Likes
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I got a very nasty infection in one ear and a lot of skin flaking in my ears after wearing mine for an extended period whilst out and about. I've had infections before and never connected it with wearing ear buds. I have now ordered some comply memory foam tips that you compress and they expand in your ear rather than forcing them in, which I am trying out and up to now no infections or leaky ears. I think the Samsung ones are made from silicone and if your allergic to Nickel that can cause infections. Also ears are very sensitive so forcing them in can cause skin irritation and dark damp environments can help bacteria and fungi to thrive so probably not advisable to wear for long periods or if your ears are not dry. Hope this helps20230429_200713_1000009831_1682795294.jpg
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I would be interested in feedback if others have tried different tips
0 Likes
shaw23
Explorer
Options
Hi mate, exactly what happend to my ears. tried the comply tips. Still had the same issue. I ended up selling mine and bought a pair of Bang and Olufsen Beoplay ex's. No issues with these or any of my other buds. Shame as I liked the buds pro2s but the ex's while a fair bit more expensive have the best sound I've heard in a pair of buds. I've not used my Bose or Senhieser since I got them. I hope the comply tips work for you.
0 Likes