Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds 2 Pro ear irritation.

(Topic created on: 27-09-2023 04:24 PM)
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For anybody that has had problems with ear buds in the past. A little warning for you. When I first got the buds Pro I was one that had irritation to my ears they would become very itchy if I used them for too long. So what I did was only use them for short periods. And over the months they got better, and the irritation to my ears stopped. I'm not one to have ear buds in my ears for too long, max few hours a day not even everyday. Recently I recieved my Buds 2 Pro. New buds couldn't wait to try them out. Listened for a few hours Thursday before going to bed, all seemed OK. In the night my ears started itching, woke up to them very sore weeping and crusty. There still the same this morning and this is the worse they have ever been. So if you have bought the buds 2 Pro, don't wear them too long to begin with if you have had problems in the past. Never had the issue with the buds + or buds 2. Obviously you can get discomfort and itchy ears after wearing in ear buds, which is normal. So I'm not entirely sure of the cause for my ears to get this bad. Whether it's down to new silicon and sweat build up. Only ever been an issue with the pro models. I will probably try and get different tips when my ears feel better. As I really like the buds 2 pro. New lighter weight design feels better and more comfortable, and sound very good. 
39 REPLIES 39
jodirenaepippin
Apprentice
Options

I almost immedietly started having peeling and itchy ears with the new galaxy pro 2 earbuds.  I have tried switching the tips as well as cleaning before every use and the irritation only continued t get worse.  I have been contacting Samsung since August over this issue with 0 answers.  I have sent the earbuds in to be "inspected"  obviously not something you can see and they were sent back to me.  I can never use these earbuds again and just want the $200 back that I paid for them.  

KevlarNed
Student
Options

I've used various earbuds in the past with no issues whatsoever.

I purchased new galaxy buds 2 pros from Amazon in September and almost immediately after using them, my ears itched and started to produce a clear liquid. This would then dry through the night while sleeping, and I'd wake with a crusty substance in both ears. The symptoms are similar to Swimmers Ear infection, but I hadn't been swimming.

I didn't immediately link this to the buds, but I stopped wearing them for 2 weeks to allow my ears to heal.

Last night I wore the buds again for 45 minutes (my ears were completely fine before).

Within an hour of taking them out, my ears felt itchy and felt like they were swelling inside. Through the night, I kept waking with a feeling of pressure in my ear, and the clear liquid leaking from them. I've woken today with what feels like a minor ear infection in both ears. I can only attribute this to the galaxy buds as this happened in both ears so soon after wearing them.

I keep them clean, and use the tips they came with. 

I've sent a message today to Sam_UK asking for assistance in returning and refunding them, as there us clearly something wrong with the buds.

keithcoyne
Pioneer
Options
This is a longstanding issue with the buds pro range. I've received preorder buds twice in the past 3 or so years and sold them on because of the pain and discomfort they caused. Best option is to see a refund from Samsung and buy a different model. Sony caused the same issue for me but LG didn't.
KevlarNed
Student
Options

Quick update. Samsung claim there was nothing wrong with the buds when they "investigated". They said they would offer a refund as a gesture of good will, but demanded I sign a form with various statements, including that I am not allowed to share the details of the "offer", and that Samsung are relieved of all liabilities related to the buds. This includes current and FUTURE liabilities, even if these issues are unknown at the time. So basically Samsung are attempting to get me to relinquish all future rights to sue them should any future medical issues arise.

This is not a gesture of good will. In my opinion, this is Samsung trying to buy my silence. When I refused to sign this form, Samsung refused to refund me and sent the buds back. They also state that there is nothing wrong with the buds.

While my buds were with Samsung, I bought a cheap pair of Bluetooth earbuds and have been using them without issues, and have not had a single ear infection. 

I used the buds this afternoon for an hour for the first time since they were returned as I've not had any ear issues for the past several weeks, and I can already feel the inside of my ear tingling. It is in both ears, and started just over an hour after wearing the buds. 

These Samsung buds are causing a ear infection. I intend to wait and allow it to clear up, and I will be trying out the tips and the buds (without tips) to test what is causing the issue.

I'll also see my GP to get medical evidence of the infection, and I'm looking at no win no fee solicitors in my area as the buds are causing injury to me. 

NicknameRequired
Journeyman
Options

I thought I was mistaken but so thankful to find it isn't just me. I've used earbuds for many many years, wired originally and of many different designs and makes. Then wireless (because my new S22 Ultra didn't have a 3.5mm socket) cheap earbuds, then the buds pro, all without bother. Then got buds2 pro with my nw Tab S9. After about a week I was getting itchy ears. Even worse, it now happens with all of time even with other previously problem-free earbuds.

Whatever is in the buds2 pro has meant I can no longer use ANY earbuds. My wife got a pair too but hasn't even opened the box for fear of the same issues. 

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My ears are OK with them now, but it's weird it's just the pro models it's happened with for me. I also had a similar problem when the buds pro made my ears itchy. I wore the buds + instead and they also made my ears itchy. Yet no trouble with them previously before I used the pro. Luckily my ears have Been OK so far since. Just wore them for short preriods of time.
Mrpash
First Poster
Options
I recently got an upgrade with my phone and had the opportunity to purchase the galaxy buds pro 2's. I have never had an ear infection, And recently
Had ear infections in both ears which was very unusual for me. I had been wearing my new buds Quite a lot to be fair, but I'm used to having headphones in my ears when working. #Tattoo Artist.
As my ears were sore I stopped using my earbuds I just didn't want anything going in my ears. After a while, my ears got better thought. I would get my Galaxy Bud pro 2 out and give them a whirl again. I probably had them on for about an hour, And about 10 minutes after I had taken them out. my ears started itching again. The only thing I had in my ears was my buds. I'm gutted, As now I realize that its them Making my ears itch. I'm gutted. I thought I would do better research on trusted google, And I found out straight away i'm not the only one!!! I'm not allergic to silicone. What I have realised?
It's not the soft small part of the eair part of the bud that is making my eair itch, it's ware it sits in place. It's plastic. So I'm gutted. IM not going to be wearing my new buds anymore. Probably won't purchase them again if I m getting that sort of problem with them. Once bitten twice shy....
StephK1
Options

We're sorry to hear about the trouble you have had with your Buds, @Mrpash. Please send a PM over to @Sam_UK with further information, where one of our Mods will be on hand to provide further support. 

If you're unsure how to send a PM, please check out the following link: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes
Gump103
Student
Options
Suffered with this since getting my buds at Christmas. Didn't realise it was the buds until last month and only found this today after a colleague told me how he had the same issue with some new buds he'd just purchased. I had an ear infection so bad my ear closed shut and i needed a weeks supply of antibiotics.
PaulM1
Options

I'm sorry to learn of your experience, @Gump103. This is definitely not what we'd expect. As above, please reach out to us if you require our assistance (the details are provided at various points throughout this thread), or you may prefer to liaise with our Support Teams here:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes