Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buds 2 Pro ear irritation.

(Topic created on: 04-09-2022 08:43 AM)
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
For anybody that has had problems with ear buds in the past. A little warning for you. When I first got the buds Pro I was one that had irritation to my ears they would become very itchy if I used them for too long. So what I did was only use them for short periods. And over the months they got better, and the irritation to my ears stopped. I'm not one to have ear buds in my ears for too long, max few hours a day not even everyday. Recently I recieved my Buds 2 Pro. New buds couldn't wait to try them out. Listened for a few hours Thursday before going to bed, all seemed OK. In the night my ears started itching, woke up to them very sore weeping and crusty. There still the same this morning and this is the worse they have ever been. So if you have bought the buds 2 Pro, don't wear them too long to begin with if you have had problems in the past. Never had the issue with the buds + or buds 2. Obviously you can get discomfort and itchy ears after wearing in ear buds, which is normal. So I'm not entirely sure of the cause for my ears to get this bad. Whether it's down to new silicon and sweat build up. Only ever been an issue with the pro models. I will probably try and get different tips when my ears feel better. As I really like the buds 2 pro. New lighter weight design feels better and more comfortable, and sound very good. 
37 REPLIES 37
Kristeelu
Student
Options

I've had these buds a while now and everytime I've worn them I suffer so I just have buds 2 wasting away

AndrewL
Options

@Kristeelu: I noticed in your initial post that you mentioned paying "1,100 bucks". Am I right in assuming that you are based in the US? If so, I strongly recommend reaching out to the Samsung Support Team in your region to report the issue, and an advisor will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
GalaxyEnjoyer
First Poster
Options

I had same reactions as was mentioned in this topic. I tried not using them for several weeks, my ears healed nicely and after using them once for about an hour I had the same reaction next day. What should I do? I was very excited in the beginning, since these seems like high-quality earphones, but are unfortunately completely unusable for me.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@GalaxyEnjoyerI'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered these symptoms while wearing your Galaxy Buds2 Pro. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
Maximilien2023
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same problem as described! 
But it can't be just an "alllergy to silicone" because I have used similar earbuds in the past, extensively, without any symptoms. It's only with those that it appeared. There must be something in the composition of their silicone that triggers that reaction. Very annoying!

hobbs
Explorer
Options
My buds2 pro are doing this. Originally seemed to be just left side. Over time of not using ears sorted theirselves out. Now it's happening on my right...

Seeming way too common.. I didn't have this issue on my past headphones however.

I wonder if it's because the buds2pro etc are somewhat top heavy. You're forever adjusting them and it's maybe causing irritation.

The smaller ones result in the buds ear test saying they are too loose.

Has anyone brought alternative ear buds which maybe helped?

I wonder if it's something with the earbud tips.. I've seen some which seem to be flared and designed to stay in the ear easier but unsure if would help..
0 Likes
kkayrul
First Poster
Options
I am having the same issue. I get very itchy ear even if I use it for an hour or so. And then flaky and watery discharge come out very irritating. Now I am scared to use it
AndrewL
Options

@kkayrulI'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered these symptoms while wearing your Galaxy Buds2 Pro. If you are based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

kellenbrent
First Poster
Options

Just dealt with this myself. Didn't have a problem with the Buds 2 Pros in White, but I lost those and bought a new pair in Graphite. Immediately had the severe symptoms you describe. Seems like users are split on whether to blame the nickel or the methacrylate, but god in heaven it was terrible. Last time I used them was for an hour or less. Had severe symptoms not three hours later. Still dealing with the irritation a month later. I asked for an exchange but Samsung refunded me instead- sucks because I bought during a great sale and if I want to try the Whites again I'll have to buy at an increased price.  

Maximilien2023
Apprentice
Options

It's interresting to know it is apparently linked to the color; i.e. the specific chemicals used in the colors black. 
Fortunately I went to the shop where I bought them and got a full refund voucher and bought another brand. No problem with it yet. 

0 Likes