Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Big issue with watch 5 not showing caller id with incoming calls

(Topic created on: 14-01-2024 07:54 PM)
ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

hello, am facing a big issue with my wifi enabled gw5 paired by bluetooth with s23u all at latest updates , the incoming calls not showing the id as before just the number,

i have hard reset the watch , deleted the wearable app and reinstalled , repaired the watch as new watch , gave all permissions , set the default phone app as default ,, contacts are shown on the watch normally ,, messages too..

but when i have an incoming call the name not shown , just a number ,, very frustrating ,, i would like to have a responce from samsung ASAP ...  how to fix this !!  my other mates watches are working fine with the same configurations !! only mine !! 

watch =  wearable OS 4.0     phone is  one ui 6

41 REPLIES 41
Jethro12
Student
Options

I have this issue too. I have a Pixel 7 that worked perfectly with the watch and then one day the caller id stopped working. I receive a very high volume of phone calls which is one of the reasons I own the watch . 

The phone numbers show on the watch and I can take the call on the watch . 

Its just that the persons name from my address book only shows up on the phone and not on the watch

0 Likes
Hamed_li
First Poster
Options

Hi everybody

I've the same issue with Galaxy watch 6 and Galaxy Z fold 5

But my huawei watch work correctly 

Manadalorian
Apprentice
Options

Hello i have the same problem with my galaxy watch 5 i try on diferent phones samsung galaxy 23 ultra and with samsung 21 fe but no solution.... Samsung become trash on support !

Members_R295tJ9
First Poster
Options

Same thing Happen to me

ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

Even with the latest update i received today the issue still on. ,, time to switch to other brand like Apple iPhone

ashouhdy
Pioneer
Options

unbelievable that a smart watch not smart enough to show caller id , i paid premium for S23ultra and latest watch available and have this dumb bug.

how can  i reach Samsung representatives ?

TamerTimo
First Poster
Options

i have update to day but still issue

I see When a call comes in, the number translated to my watch is the one with country code, but without the plus "+" sign. This is incorrect and the watch cannot interpret this to a known ID, thus, displaying only numbers.

For instance my contact number is "+6598765432" or "98765432", with "+65" being the country code. The number which gets transferred to the watch is "6598765432"

Samsung just released a new update for the Watch6C and this issue isn't fixed! My current workaround is to add new numbers without the "+" to my frequent contacts. That's it.

Does Samsung even know about this bug??

anybody here !!

MaciekPL
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here - Watch 6 LTE (SM-R945F - soft: R945FXXU1AWK4)  + S23 Ultra

Phone wear app: number shown without country code
Contacts wear app: number present with country code (+48) xxxx
Caller-ID - NOT working on the watch / working without any problem on the phone

0 Likes
Members_Jy0XqSt
First Poster
Options

The same thing started happening to me today. In the middle of the day, just like that. In the morning the IDs were recognised and in the afternoon - the very same number - was not.
It's Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and S21. 
Yes, removing country code from contact information helps, but I put it there for all my contacts for a reason. If my phone can be smart enough to recognise it, so should the watch be.

0 Likes
OSss08
Apprentice
Options

Ok so I just bought the watch 5 two days ago. Setup it up last night and it worked fine (I have some call logs showing names from last night). Today morning I got the update, updated it and now caller names are not showing. I did a factory reset etc. nothing worked. I guess samsung will need to fix this and fix this fast.

I'm using S22 Ultra with UI6

Watch 5 is UI5, software version R910XXU1BWL1

0 Likes