cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced running metrics

(Topic created on: 10-05-2022 06:26 PM)
Options

Hi

I have a Galaxy Watch 4 paired with an A52s 5G. Auto recording of running appears to work reasonably well apart from the 'advanced running metrics'. The first time I used it it reported that it 'Couldn't record advanced running metrics because you weren't running or jogging throughout the workout period'. That was indeed true as I'd stopped a couple of times. The next time I ran I made sure that  I ran without stopping even making sure I didn't vary my speed too much. But I still got the same message. How do I get advanced running metrics to record?

Thanks

FBR

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@FullBridgeRectifier: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Next time you go running, please try starting the workout manually on your Watch 4 by heading to the Samsung Health app > Exercise > Choose Workout > Running. Tap the cog symbol below the exercise option, and make sure that Auto Pause is switched off. Let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Options
Hi,
I have tried that now. This time in the run details the 'Advanced running metrics' section is missing entirely and has been replaced with 'Splits'. Does anyone have this working?
Thanks
FBR
0 Likes
Options
It's started working now! Not sure why but all good. Thanks.
0 Likes
Options
On today's run there is no elevation data, map/route and no VO2 figure. All the other data is there as usual. It's a bit flaky. Why would that data be absent?
Thanks
FBR
0 Likes
MarkusUT
First Poster
Options

I just started using Samsung health for running. One time it tracked advanced metrics, one time it was missing entirely even though I didn't stop. 

0 Likes