Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active2 LTE: slowly charging, quickly draining

(Topic created on: 15-09-2020 04:32 PM)
RossanaSuriano
Apprentice
Options

I had an Active2 purchased less than a year ago, but I needed my watch to be standalone and non necessarily paired with my Galaxy phone. So I switched to the LTE version.

Unfortunately I had issues from day 1.

For a month now, I've been trying all different combinations in settings, and basically ended up turning off all the features that make this watch a smartwatch. But still, battery won't last more than from morning til evening. Sometimes just morning, if I don't have the phone with me at all time.

From the phone app, I gather that Samsung Health uses around 40/45% of the battery, even though I disabled everything I could (only thing I cannot disable is steps goal).
Now it also seems like charging has become an issue. Takes forever. Charging base is ok, double checked with another Active watch.
I'm not looking for a workaround, I already tried everything suggested on web.
I would actually like Samsung to provide a different solution than "disable everything". If I disable everything, I'm only left with a nice looking but way too expensive bracelet.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
NoteGuyIreland
Voyager
Options
I would send it in for warranty repair/replacement, batteries can go bad, it happens, but if the watch is less than a year old it's better to let Samsung check it out now than wait.
0 Likes
RossanaSuriano
Apprentice
Options

Samsung support has let me down big time. My previous Active 2 used to give me burn marks whenever I would activate HR monitor. Sent it to support, they denied all the way, despite evidence (very clear pictures). Got it back with a note that said it was my problem, not the watch (they said it had to be a skin rash, as if you can mistake a burn mark for a rash). This one I have now does not give me the same problem, so I got one more confirmation that the watch was in fact responsible. Opened a topic on the community, someone from Samsung wrote me, asked for the watch data and details, said they would have support take the case, only to be never heard from again.

Samsung support is a joke.

I don't know why I keep giving them money buying their stuff.

0 Likes