Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Watch 2 HIIT tracking

(Topic created on: 15-01-2020 11:13 AM)
Ingrid253
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I notice that this watch doesn't have a specific HIIT or interval training option on the activity tracking (my training partner has an interval training option on her Apple watch). Is the circuit training option the same as this? This is really important to me as HIIT is my main form of exercise and I need the tracking to be accurate. 

Thanks in advance!

87 REPLIES 87
LilJames
Student
Options
Hi all,

so probably bearing the same dead horse with another stick.
my partner and I do the shaun T insanity workouts, these are mainly HIIT, and I have been using "circuit training" to record the workouts.
will there be a full HIIT workout recording system soon? or will this remain the same as just recording it as circuit training?

cheers all.

James
ana-c
Student
Options

My question is exactly like above. I do the insanity workouts from Shaun T, and I have the Galaxy Active 1. It's weird because if you record it at Other Workout, it doesn't matter how much you move but at 30-mins it records exactly 121cals. I've put on this workout running whilst i'm sitting down working and at exactly 30-mins I get the same result. Meaning that it doesn't take into consideration your heart-rate. 
Does anyone knows how to better record these type of workouts?

I usually alternate between Other Workout or Circuit, but I know the calories are way under what I actually burn.

Thanks,

Ana

Alisse102
Explorer
Options

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has found a fix for this issue. And it seems Samsung is not actively trying to fix it. Had I known this before purchasing this as a fitness watch, I never would have bought it. What a joke!

StefyB92
First Poster
Options

Is true, have been months since I saw this post and Samsung seems like they don't care, this supposed to be an "active watch" this supposed to track effectively not show the same calories burn always, no matter your heart rate. If I knew this before, I've never bought it as well. 

0 Likes
ElisePennock
First Poster
Options

I also do HITT workouts a lot. I now use the circuit training option but it doesn't mention an accurate carlorie burn. It says up to 250 per hour, which is possibly double when I workout. It would be great if Samsung could either add a HITT function or a function where we can use a certain setting to change the calories burned per hour

0 Likes
JDSRGS20
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
Ebbo
First Poster
Options
I feel everyone's pain with this, I use otherworkout, but I've done a Joe Wicks workout tonight and added in some interval jogging, surely I burnt more than 300cals, the step count never went up either, yet if I set it to walking mode and do interval training walk 1 min jog 2 min etc it picks up the steps?

I'm new to this healthy world but I'm enjoying it, the wife bought me the galaxy watch for Christmas as I've a galaxy S20 plus so they work hand in hand, however sometimes the most flagship stuff let's you down.

0 Likes
Nee101
First Poster
Options
any news on the Hitt update, I had a Samsung watch for xmas and only do hitt and have to record it as other exercise 😫
0 Likes
Mytinytilly
First Poster
Options

A year later and still no way to track HIIT on Active 2. What the heck Samsung?

me6a7ron
Journeyman
Options

Just spoke to a rep awhile back and he said the best way to get Samsung to add HIIT and listen to your concerns is to call 1-855-795-0509 and select option 4 (for Samsung Health). The development team take the calls more seriously.