Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active 2 Watch when you have nickel allergy?

(Topic created on: 19-05-2020 03:34 PM)
SwissSwede
Apprentice
Options

I am looking to buy an Active 2 Smart Watch, but cannot find any information whether they contain nickel or not.

Is there a difference between the aluminum and stainless steel casings Any nickel in the watch band clasp? Do the sensors have any nickel?

I had a Fitbit Flex years ago and got an allergic reaction to the clasp (Fitbit sent me another model, no problem). It did confirm with the European rules, but that was obviously not enough in my case.

I just cannot find any information on whether any of the Active 2 models is made of hypoallergenic or nickel-free material or made from metals  such as surgical-grade stainless steel.

Need help!!??

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@SwissSwede: The Galaxy Watch Active 2 is available is Stainless Steel or Aluminium, with a silicone strap (although there is a wide range of alternatives). To find out more, please check the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-watch-active2/mix-and-match/
0 Likes
SwissSwede
Apprentice
Options

Thank you AndrewL!

But I still cannot find out anything regarding nickel content in the steel or aluminium. For "normal" watches and jewellery it is usuallt possible to find out if it is "nickel free", "hypoallergenic" or if the stainless steel is "surgical-grade".

How and where can I find that information?

Thanks!

SwissSwede
Apprentice
Options
I am still looking for an answer!
Where can I find information relevant to nickel content in the watches?
MB38
First Poster
Options

Hi @SwissSwede

For what its worth my skin has a nickel allergy, and I have had no problems with the aluminum Active 2 watch over the last 6 months of wear.

0 Likes
Ajedesign
Student
Options

I am baffled by the lack of information provided by Samsung. Did you manage to get an answer? I can't find anything nor are anyone interested in answering this question either.

peternickson
Apprentice
Options

Had the same problem with the watch 4. Lasted a day before I developed a red rash. Would like more info about materials used. 

Ajedesign
Student
Options

I tried the Apple Watch, as it's supposedly is the friendlies smart watch out there. Got an itch after just 10 min of usage.
I think we are all out of luck. Somehow they can't make these watches without the exotic metals. I would like to know why?

0 Likes
Bobby Steel
First Poster
Options

Clear nail polish remover or clear plastic wrap should protect you from allergic reaction, but it will come at the cost of likely preventing the heartrate monitor from being able to detect your heartrate.  That's not important to me, so meh.

0 Likes