Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active 2 - Rear (glass) cover fallen off

(Topic created on: 29-05-2021 08:07 PM)
iAndyHolland
Student
Options

I've had my Samsung Galaxy Active 2 (40mm) watch for around 18 months now. I've worn it consistently since I bought it, but aside from a swim every now and again, wouldn't say it's especially had much active wear.

Yesterday, however, I discovered that the rear glass cover (in front of the heartrate sensor) had fallen off in my sleep (I discovered it on the floor beside me).

I've seen a couple of similar threads in the US Community, e.g. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-watch-active-2-heartrate-sensor-cover-fell-o... and https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Watch/Galaxy-Watch-sensor-cover-fell-off/td-p/1075781 but didn't find any similar reports in the EU.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've been pretty happy with the product until now, but not impressed by the build quality if it can start falling after less than two years of normal - not especially active - wear.

Rear cover has come away from the main body of the watchRear cover has come away from the main body of the watch

21 REPLIES 21
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options
I'd heard another poster say this. I really hope Samsung will investigate this. It's out of warranty I believe, but this shouldn't happen even over many years of wear surely.
(1)
Franko64
Apprentice
Options
Had the same thing happen with mine recently (still in warranty).
The back cover had fallen off sometime during the day whilst wearing it at work and I didn't notice until I got home and went to charge it.
I had been working in a dusty atmosphere so there was a small amount of dust particles on the back of the watch but I didn't want to try and clean the exposed parts in case I damaged something.
Sent it off to Samsung last week and was then notified that the repair would be chargeable as there was corrosion on the sensors??
They wanted £40 to look at it and then give me a quote, if I accepted their quote then the £40 would be deducted from the total.
I have never got the watch wet so it could only be sweat?
Spoke to support on chat and they called up the engineers report and then said that the 'engineer' stated that there was impact damage to the rear cover!
The rear cover was not even there as it had fallen off and got lost at work.
Argued the toss for a bit longer but they came back with the same line - "the engineers decision is final and cannot be overturned).
I'm not a happy bunny 😡
astrachan13
First Poster
Options
My wife's has just fallen off too - she took her watch off to get in the shower and the back cover was stuck to her wrist!
AndrewL
Options

@astrachan13: I'm sorry to hear that your wife has encountered this issue with her Galaxy Watch Active 2. This will need to be inspected and repaired by one of our authorised engineers therefore, if you are based in the UK or Ireland, please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below, and an advisor will be able to get this arranged for you. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
sramo24
Explorer
Options

The same thing has happened to my wife. Water got into my samsung watch and they didn't fix it under warranty. Samsung technical service is pitiful.

Ron Dijcks
First Poster
Options

I would like to advise that I plan to seek the advice of a Class Action Attorney in the United States.  I am not sure how this would work as relates to where one purchased his/her device, but this is NOT an isolated issue.  There are vendors on Amazon.com who sell the covers, due to the apparent DEMAND.  This demand is not an accident, and Samsung, pitiful company will NOT take responsibility.  I have 2 Galaxy Active 2's and BOTH of these watches have lost the back cover.  I do NOT shower , swim or otherwise get my watch wet.  Other than the splash that comes from hand-washing, the watches are dry, and the only "activity" that they see is when I walk.  This is a glaring defect that, when the cover falls of, might not be noticed right away, but after a day, maybe 2 of wear, and then depending on whether you feel the "pinch" of the sensors, or the LED "burn", you could go a few days before noticing.  In ANY case, Samsung needs to take responsibility.  I now have 2 watches that since the cover fell off,  do NOT work properly.  This is clearly a DEFECT.  As Prior-Stated, I intend to seek the counsel of a Class Action Attorney here in the States, and it might be a good idea to start searching for someone overseas in the EU, for help on that side of the globe?  Best of luck to us unfortunate owners of watches that Samsung has left us to rot with... Shame on Samsung.

peteacher01
First Poster
Options
Same thing has just happened to me! 17month old watch, and I was in the pool with my daughter when the watch turned itself off...now I can't turn it on and when I took it off last night, the back panel was stuck to my wrist! The watch is worn daily, but mostly low-level activity and only occasional swimming. Not impressed at the build quality for a £200+ smartwatch! Need to get to the store and see what they are going to do now!!
rax1234
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue. Out of nowhere, back cover came off. I'm really disappointed with the built quality of the smart watch. Will not buy samsung smart watch again. 
I'm really surprised that samsung is not accepting this as a defect in their product and asking for exhorbitatant charges for repair. 

Taurus96
Journeyman
Options

I've never emerged my watch in water & for the past 3mo, the back part comes off. Just yesterday, I noticed the face is sliding in a similar manner.