Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active 2 - water resistant it isn't.

(Topic created on: 20-08-2023 02:49 PM)
DJDL
First Poster
Options
Has anyone else experienced a less than impressive response from S. Support re water damage to a Galaxy Active 2 watch? 

The watch was used well within the guidelines but seemingly not a malfunction according to Support. Water resistant to 50 metres and for no longer than 10 mins. Tracks swimming but apparently at risk if used under a tap. This is despite Samsung detailing it can be used when walking in the rain and taking a shower. 

It was submerged in water for 2 seconds to a depth of 15cm max.... not 5 times the height of an average house and certainly not in the water for anywhere close to an average shower length let alone 10 mins. 

Truly lost for words. I can buy a new one though and they'll give me 15% discount. Doesn't even cover VAT. Gutted. The watch has just turned 3 years old. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Watch 2
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same as this.  Light use in a pool while minding young child and now it won't work at all.

€300 to fix or a 15% discount.

I will have to take my watch back and put in a drawer forever more.

So much for sustainability and minding the planet

val1234
First Poster
Options

Bonjour, 

J ai utilisé la montre en piscine après avoir déclenché le mode natation.  Un message rebooting apparaît depuis en boucle ,les touches et la connexion avec le téléphone sont inutilisables.  Pouvez vous m aider? La montre n est plus garantie.

Je vous remercie 

0 Likes
pbsully07
Student
Options
Same problem, used for swimming once in a pool and packed up. False advertising from Samsung , I will not be purchasing from Samsung again as they refuse to accept that they have a problem with this product.