Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

XBOX Series X - Q80T Game Mode Issues

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 05:19 AM)
gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

So I received my Xbox Series X today, connected it to HDMI 4 using the bundled HDMI 2.1 cable and everything was fine until...I tried to play a game. Settings on the console were 4K, 120hz with HDR10 on auto and VRR enabled. As soon as I start a game my Q80T (55 inch) disconnects from the Xbox and shows a no signal error. From here I can press the Xbox button on the controller and switch apps and then I get significant screen tearing and flickering in menus. 

As soon as I disable VRR on the Xbox it works fine. Hoping someone else has tested this with other cables or can offer solutions.

This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-6DmN9Gw4&feature=youtu.be was able to demonstrate that 4K 120hz with Freesync was possible on PC, so I'm hoping an update to TV or Xbox firmware will sort it out. 

Edit: as Kyljaiden pointed out, some regions have version 1403 firmware. To clarify, I'm in Australia and we do not have that firmware update as yet and are stuck on 1402. Need to wait for confirmation from another user that 1403 replicates the 120hz VRR issues. 

Edit2: Daparky shared this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-d... confirming that Microsoft are aware of the issues. 

Edit3: SOLVED - a number of users have reported that 1403 firmware fixes the issue I've detailed. Unfortunately some regions do not have access to this firmware yet and will simply need to wait until Samsung push out the updates locally. 

214 REPLIES 214
Mikeru
Explorer
Options

... why are you here then?!

MuRFi3
Explorer
Options

@Mikeru wrote:

... why are you here then?!

Because I want to be!

0 Likes
Denni5M
Explorer
Options

We have 1403.1 and it doesn't solve the issue. 

0 Likes
Chrisw156
Apprentice
Options

The hdmi cable really does make a difference in some cases. Not sure exactly what issue you’re having but the update paired with the proper hdmi cable will fix most issues 

0 Likes
Chrisw156
Apprentice
Options

I wasn’t using the hdmi cable that came with Xbox Series x. Once I hooked it up everything worked perfectly. Crazy. 

0 Likes
Denni5M
Explorer
Options

I went out and bought 2 different 8k 60hz rated cables and they are both the same, the issue also happens on RTX 3070 as well. So it's definitely the tv not a Xbox or PC issue. 

0 Likes
Parzival92
First Poster
Options

Szia. Le lett frissítve, de ugyan úgy vibrál a kép továbbra is. Ötlet ? 

0 Likes
Chrisw156
Apprentice
Options

Are they “high speed” hdmi cables. Mine wouldn’t work until I plugged in an hdmi cable that had the words “high speed hdmi” on it. Every other hdmi cable I used caused issues. The cable is a HUGE factor in how the tv works. Hopefully this helps. 

0 Likes
Aularik
Apprentice
Options

I also noticed last night that I do have 1 or 2 horizontal lines too. Very feint but they are a little darker then what they are supposed to be. 

0 Likes
MichuPL
Journeyman
Options

Still no 1461 in Poland. All I hope is they fixed those crushed blacks in HDR game mode, cause I cant play like that 😞 Didnt notice any horizontal lines on 1304

0 Likes