Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

XBOX Series X - Q80T Game Mode Issues

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 08:19 AM)
gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

So I received my Xbox Series X today, connected it to HDMI 4 using the bundled HDMI 2.1 cable and everything was fine until...I tried to play a game. Settings on the console were 4K, 120hz with HDR10 on auto and VRR enabled. As soon as I start a game my Q80T (55 inch) disconnects from the Xbox and shows a no signal error. From here I can press the Xbox button on the controller and switch apps and then I get significant screen tearing and flickering in menus. 

As soon as I disable VRR on the Xbox it works fine. Hoping someone else has tested this with other cables or can offer solutions.

This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-6DmN9Gw4&feature=youtu.be was able to demonstrate that 4K 120hz with Freesync was possible on PC, so I'm hoping an update to TV or Xbox firmware will sort it out. 

Edit: as Kyljaiden pointed out, some regions have version 1403 firmware. To clarify, I'm in Australia and we do not have that firmware update as yet and are stuck on 1402. Need to wait for confirmation from another user that 1403 replicates the 120hz VRR issues. 

Edit2: Daparky shared this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-d... confirming that Microsoft are aware of the issues. 

Edit3: SOLVED - a number of users have reported that 1403 firmware fixes the issue I've detailed. Unfortunately some regions do not have access to this firmware yet and will simply need to wait until Samsung push out the updates locally. 

214 REPLIES 214
Adz1
Apprentice
Options

I got exact same issue

Fight2Win
First Poster
Options

Yep the exact same issue here as well, my Xbox one x worked fine with VRR, but the new Series X does not like it at all. With or without 4k, 1080p or 120h/60hz

Q80T 75inch Here.

Quite disappointing !

gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

It's interesting that you can't use 4k/60hz VRR - I can get that to work, it's only an issue when I use 4k 120hz VRR. I just tested 1440p 120hz VRR and after a few minutes of play I had no issues. 

It's still a massive issue, I bought this TV a week ago so I could future proof with 4K 120hz VRR. 

0 Likes
Kyljaiden
Apprentice
Options

Samsung released a new firmware like 3 days ago. (US) and today in EU (germany at least) you tried it with the new firmware 1403 or the old one 1402?

gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

This is a good point, I can confirm that in Australia we are running firmware version 1402. Will be good to know if anyone else experiencing this problem in the US / EU is running 1403. I'll update the main post!

Adz1
Apprentice
Options

I am on 1402 will try and download 1403

0 Likes
Adz1
Apprentice
Options

***** can't get in Australia haha

0 Likes
daparky
Pathfinder
Options

It doesn't seem to be an issue with the TV, Microsoft have acknowledged the issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-d...

gravelcrowman
Journeyman
Options

Great, thanks for that, I'll add the link in the original post. I'll mark this as solved when someone confirms firmware 1403 helps or not. 

0 Likes