Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is "previous channel" button on Samsung remote control?

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 02:53 AM)
Leonard8
Journeyman
Options

I have bought a Samsung 48" television.  The remote control works OK, except that I can't find the button to jump to the previous channel. To put another way, return to previous channel. On my remote there is a "Return" button with a circular arrow, but that only works on menus. There is no "Pre-ch" button on this remote. I have also tried pressing "0" as suggested elsewhere but that doesn't work.  Which button is the one to return to the previous channel? It is a very important feature and I can't believe that Samsung would not design it for my TV.

The TV model is HG48ED690DB and the remote is  AA59-00818A.

23 REPLIES 23
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Leonard8! On the centre right of the TV control there should be 2 buttons (up and down) called "P" or "CH". If you press the down one it should allow you to go back to the previous channel, whereas the up one should go to the next channel. These are the buttons on the opposite side of the Volume ones. 

0 Likes
Leonard8
Journeyman
Options

Hi CarloL, thank you for replying. I am not talking about the higher and lower channel rocker button.  That button only surfs through the channels in sequence.

I am talking about the button that can take me from, for example, channel 17 to chanel 61. Say if I was watching channel 61, and then I watch channel 17. The "return to previous channel" button should take me immediately back to channel 61 with a single push.  Hence, jump to the previously watched channel.  Where is the button?

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Oh right! Well, that should be the Return button. Are you using the TV control that came with the TV? Have you had a look at the User Manual of the control about this? 

0 Likes
Leonard8
Journeyman
Options

Hi CarolL,  thank you for your guesses. The "Return" button with a circular arrow, that only works on menus. The remote model is AA59-00818A.

>Have you had a look at the User Manual of the control about this? 

I don't believe that is the best answer available on this forum. This is an offical Samsung forum and I have given the Samsung product model number.  I hope an expert will answer my question soon.

The button to jump to previously watched channel... which one is it on Samsung remote model AA59-00818A?

Robin115
Student
Options

Press the bottom of the button circling the "enter" button.  That brings up the option of selecting a previous chznnel.  You just have to hit enter to get back to the channel you were watching before

Leonard8
Journeyman
Options

>>Press the bottom of the button circling the "enter" button. That brings up the option of selecting a previous chznnel. You just have to hit enter to get back to the channel you were watching before

This doesn't work.  I conclude that my Samsung remote amazingly does not have a jump to previous channel function. (I.e., a crappy remote.)

Here is a suggestion for the Samsung experts on this forum: If the remote does not have a jump to previous channel function, please,  grow a pair and just say so!

ashyt16
Navigator
Options

On my 2019 TV remote that RETURN button with circular arrow does indeed take me to the previous channel.
I also have a dedicated PRE-CH button that does the same thing.

It's where the GUIDE button is on your remote. Have you long pressed it? 

0 Likes
Leonard8
Journeyman
Options

Samsung support is just like Samsung. Garbage.

0 Likes
Robin115
Student
Options

I've had my tv for a couple years, and that was my major complaint about the remote.  I had just lived with it til i finally googled it the other day and saw Leonards post.  I realized I'm not the only one.  So I started hitting all the buttons to see what happened.  It's not the button with the circular arrow on it.  That takes you to the main menu.  Think of the button as "up/down/left/right" with the ENTER button in the middle.  Pressing the down portion of the arc on my remote brings up the channels I have previously viewed