Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Whats this Setting?

(Topic created on: 06-09-2019 11:53 AM)
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options

Hi,

Have a MU6470 and have found this Anynet+(HDMI-CEC).

What is this setting?

It is activated on my TV..Also HDMI UHD Color has HDMI 2 and 3..

I do have an external box ,a firestick and blue ray player connected in that order..HDMI 1, 2 &3.

Do they need to be selected to view in UHD even though the main setting on TV.(HDR+Mode) is not selected?

Cheers.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mirko_Brand
Pioneer
Options

HDMI-CEC allows you to control other HDMI devices that are plugged in into your TV, with the TV's remote control.

Both the TV and other devices connected to it need to support HDMI's CEC protocol.

So for instance I have an LG TV with their WebOs and an external Xiaomi Android Box connected to it via HDMI. By enabling CEC on both devices, I can control both the Xiaomi box and the TV itself with the LG's remote. So it eliminates the need for having xyz remotes for your other devices that support the feature.

The only downside is that if your device has some special dedicated buttons on it's original remote (i.e. Netflix, Amazon, ...), you might not be able to find a correlating button on your TV's remote. Also please note that when you switch sources, or turn on your TV, HDMI CEC might need a couple of seconds to connect the devices, and respond to your inputs.

HDMI UHD color enables you to view 10-bit color from your source devices. For instance if you have a BluRay reader or some other device that supports 4K HDR, you want to enable this option for that HDMI input, so that the image displays correctly. Otherwise you colors might appear washed out, when viewing that source.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Mirko_Brand
Pioneer
Options

HDMI-CEC allows you to control other HDMI devices that are plugged in into your TV, with the TV's remote control.

Both the TV and other devices connected to it need to support HDMI's CEC protocol.

So for instance I have an LG TV with their WebOs and an external Xiaomi Android Box connected to it via HDMI. By enabling CEC on both devices, I can control both the Xiaomi box and the TV itself with the LG's remote. So it eliminates the need for having xyz remotes for your other devices that support the feature.

The only downside is that if your device has some special dedicated buttons on it's original remote (i.e. Netflix, Amazon, ...), you might not be able to find a correlating button on your TV's remote. Also please note that when you switch sources, or turn on your TV, HDMI CEC might need a couple of seconds to connect the devices, and respond to your inputs.

HDMI UHD color enables you to view 10-bit color from your source devices. For instance if you have a BluRay reader or some other device that supports 4K HDR, you want to enable this option for that HDMI input, so that the image displays correctly. Otherwise you colors might appear washed out, when viewing that source.

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options

Hi

Many thanks for the detailed reply.I have a 4K Firestick so will amend that setting

Again ty for such a detailed reply

Gerrymac

0 Likes
grahamw2000
First Poster
Options

Hi I have tried enabling this Uhd colour setting on my Samsung UE50JU6800 TV however the colour is still looking washed out on the new 4k firestick I have bought. Are you able to advise please? Thanks Graham 

0 Likes
Matsol
First Poster
Options
hi. I have a UE48JU6400. I have turned on the UHD colour mode but my sky box will still not recognise it as 10 bit colour. Any ideas?
0 Likes