Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNKS8000 and Sonos Playbar Lip Sync

(Topic created on: 31-03-2019 11:31 PM)
t820schield
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a Sonos Playbar (5.1 setup) connected to my UNKS8000 via optical cable.  The audio is delayed when I watch cable TV, use my Samsung Blu-Ray player, and use my Sony PS4.  The only way I can resolve the delay is by using PCM instead of Bitstream, but the sound is then stereo instead of 5.1.  Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Mark-oc
First Poster
Options

Did you find a fix?  I have the same problem with a Q90R. 

0 Likes
Skellionz
First Poster
Options

you need something that splits the audio so the tv isn't decoding it. I use a box that i plug the optical in and all the hdmi connections. this then runs to the tv through hdmi. cuts out any lag.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HDMI-Matrix-Switcher-Optical-Extractor/dp/B07GGDY36B/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp?ke...

or something similar

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options

Please could you advise what equipment you are using for this and if it is processing Dolby 5.1 and 4K?  

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Skellionz
First Poster
Options

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KanaaN-Splitter-Control-Surround-Supports/dp/B01FUIIQ3Y/ref=pd_rhf_se_s_cr_...

something pretty much like that, i got it off amazon though i think mine was huierav or something. Yes it runs 4k/hdr and 5.1 from my sonos fine. use it with xbox/shield tv/ps4. 

Tbh i went through a couple before i found one that worked well, they are a bit hit and miss unless you pay a lot. I think they are mostly some kind of generic chinese made equipment, im sure you can research it more

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options

Thanks.  I assume you're having to use the remote on that device to switch the source though?  And what do you do when using the built in apps on the TV?

0 Likes
Skellionz
First Poster
Options

Yep you use a remote.  Or manually from box. Im afraid the tv itself has no sound unless you get an optical switcher too. It's all pretty crazed tbh. I've had no success with arc but i would have thought that should carry the audio to tv. I'm not sure im no expert

0 Likes
m-oc
Navigator
Options

Samsung UK have recreated the lip sync issue on the Q90R and it has been passed to the HQ for further analysis. I can't speak for other models. 

0 Likes